Our client is seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer to develop, maintain and support the large set of Functional Verification Tests and Service Validation Tests for our catalog of streaming applications. Working with numerous disciplines throughout the Digital Products Division within our client’s Technology, the QA Automation Engineer will assist and support the development lifecycles of the client’s products, on numerous supported platforms.
- Coordinates with Feature Release teams to understand and implement the team’s Automation needs
- Works with manual QA to compose test plans that outline the intended automated tests for delivery to the assigned delivery teams for approval
- Follows the organization’s established policies and procedures when implementing Automated Tests
- Provides comprehensive status reports to QA management
- Leverages communication, documentation, preparation and training to educate other disciplines in regards to established QA Automation processes with communication, documentation, preparation and training
- Supports program management teams as needed according to the schedule of releases
- Actively researches new tools/methods that could prove beneficial in the implementation of Automated Tests
- Understands and applies technical system knowledge to organize and create Automated Tests
- Establishes practices that lead to higher test stability by identifying methods of testing not only the code the test is intended to validate, but the test code itself
- Ensures stability of the software release enhancements across all the client’s digital products
- Performs debugging of FVT failures, in order to assess test stability and confirm the results of reported failures
- 1-3 years related experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced degree or relative in-field experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in at least one object-oriented language
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Unix (bash), Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with common software development tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with client/server product releases/deployments of SaaS applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Please only apply if you live in the Greater Seattle Area
- We cannot sponsor H1-B visas at this time
- We are not looking to expand our current list of preferred Corp-to-Corp vendors at this time