The QA Analyst creates and executes test cases for in-house product development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements. The QA Analyst applies proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/ software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of IS investments and initiatives. The incumbent uses both manual testing and automated testing tools to accomplish the software validation.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, scenarios
- Determine optimal system performance according to specifications
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods
- Conduct performance and functional testing
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Collaborate with developers and other IS team members, or internal department designees and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices
- Identify and develop testing solutions for effective application-testing
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3 + years of experience in software / application testing
- 3+ years of experience with automated software testing tools including Selenium (or other UI test framework), scripting, and test case management.
- Experience working on an Agile development team using the Scrum framework
- Experience with utilizing Team Foundation Services for test case tracking.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a strong interest in mastering new testing technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Reference Number: 5311