This senior-level professional is a seasoned individual that works on complex development assignments and delivers solutions qualified for in-network/hosted Telecom product operation. The Candidate is expected to have a firm grasp of system administration, network protocols, networking issues and solutions, system monitoring, configuration management, databases, image building for cloud environment to quickly come up with solutions to facilitate product operation. The Candidate may act as a member of quick-response deployment-support team and will often work under demanding deadlines, operating as a team member as well as independently to resolve complex problems.The Candidate will be working in an agile environment where he/she is expected to carry out both development and testing.
- Work with other Design Engineers to plan, design and implement systems in a heterogeneous, distributed computing production environment.
- Research, specify, design, implement, test and recommend hardware and supporting software components within the OS specialty area (for all but not limited to the areas specified in the overview).
- Uses structured development practices to design, code, compile, and test production programs of a complex nature.
- Integration of various application builds, automation for deployment engineering and building images for cloud deployments.
- Responsible for capacity planning, performance management and fault management of the production systems.
- Analyzes security issues and hardens the security of the system based on vulnerability reports
- Provide leadership in enabling and enforcing security controls on VMs, servers, network, and cloud architectures.
- Come up with solutions for high-availability for products to survive in mission-critical environments.
- Provide Tier III support for system hardware, Operating System and application related issues.
- Work with vendors for product evaluation and selection.
- Stays abreast of technological trends in the Operating System of specialty and enabling technologies.
- Demonstrate consistent leadership in Design Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned??
- Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent experience in a related field
- 10 years of Industry experience in a relevant field
- Openstack cloud deployment
- Unix/Linux (CentOS, RedHat) system administration
- Agile development
- Development or DevOps experience
- Cisco Networking
- Bash/Bourne shell scripting and standard Unix tools (sed, awk, Expect etc.)
- Building, automating, and supporting distributed computing environments.
- Database(Postgres) configuration and management
- Source code management tools such as Perforce, Git
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye/Crucible)
- Familiarity with system security and network security
- VM Ware deployment
- Kickstart/PXE Boot/Grub
- Logical Volume Manager
- YUM Repositories
- TCP/IP socket connection theory and programming
- Exposure to Dockers/Containers
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry is a plus
- Experienced with disaster recovery methods.
- Willing to work overtime and on-call as necessary to meet organizational needs
Reference Number: 5185