Our client is looking for a Principle Engineer who will strategically drive the conceptualization, architecture, implementation, and operation for all DevOps functions at our client company.
- Working with cloud-based infrastructure design (primarily AWS), engineer and launch of products, and services.
- Create and development strategies for Continuous Integrations, Continuous Deployment processes using CI-CD tools (Jenkins, Chef, Git, Artifactory, Redgate, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc).
- Deploy and automate infrastructure/applications in a cloud environment.
- Design, build and improve the build and release process for multiple release streams of in-house enterprise software products.
- Maintain and support the existing code pipeline from various stages: code, build, and test, deploy, and monitor/measure.
- Design, build and maintain the automated builds and CI/CD environments and automation for Windows and Linux OS, either on premise or cloud based platforms.
- Build and deploy applications with security and high availability (blue/green deployment) in mind.
- Automate the installation, configuring, monitoring, alerting, tuning (and self-healing or destruction) of Application Servers in a load-balanced environment.
- Automating the scripting of database deployments targeted at MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, and Mongo in a clustered and hosted environment.
- Manage and monitor EC2 and Azure VM workloads for appropriate resource allocation and performance.
- Working closely with Development, QA, Product Management, and Production Ops teams to make sure Product Releases are timely and with quality.
- Provide capabilities for teams to be self-sufficient by automation or self-service instrumentation.
- Create and maintain run books and operational documentation “as code” within the DevOps vision for managing “Infrastructure as Software”.
- Evaluate and review tools and influence decision on product selection
- Experience in Agile Methodologies and processes.
- Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Works with the Cloud Infrastructure Services team to assure architecture is aligned with IT standards and strategies.
- Build processes and procedures through rigorous testing that result in published documentation.
- Develops and maintains Cloud reference architecture and design documents.
- Ensure underlying virtual infrastructure architecture and technical decisions support the services and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) needed to meet business needs.
- Responsible for day to day functions such as:
- Troubleshooting failures and productivity impacting events
- Leading Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Patching, updating and upgrading Cloud infrastructure resources
- Automating repetitive tasks using agile software development practices
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years of related experience (Masters with 3+ years) OR 8+ years of experience in Build and Release engineering, scripting and automation in a Unix and Windows environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level expertise in managing and troubleshooting the following platforms:
- UNIX, Windows 2008/2012 servers, Windows work stations and terminal services, and IIS/ TCP/IP network protocols.
- Proven experience with some of the following:
- Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Octopus.
- Solid experience with on premise to cloud VPC VPN connectivity designs and approaches.
- Proficiency with deployment automation in the following languages:
- Java, Ruby, Python, YAML.
- Extensive experience programming/developing in a .NET, JAVA, SQL and Web (HTML, JS, CSS) environment.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, demonstrated knowledge of change management, and experience implementing new process/technology to standardize operations.
- Shell scripting using Powershell, Perl, or other language.
- Practical experience in mentoring and leading other junior team members.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment with evolving requirements and architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.