- AA Degree in Information Services/related field or equivalent combination of education/experience that demonstrates technical competency
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience supporting a combination of Windows Server, Windows Network environments and Storage Area Network technologies.
- Minimum of four (4) years supporting data center or Network Operations Centers (NOC) running Windows and Linux computing platform environments and networks in a 24×7 setting, including:
- Triage and hands-on resolution of common server, network, storage and application problems.
- Server backup operations/software, managing tape media and working with off-site storage services.
- Formal Change Management & Incident Management process knowledge.
- Monitoring of infrastructure and applications utilizing enterprise level tools.
- Monitoring of Data Center power and HVAC systems and components.
- Per the driver’s license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Experience working in a complex healthcare/research organization
- Experience supporting Cerner and/or Epic systems
- Experience supporting virtualization technologies, specifically
- VMware and Citrix
- Previous role as an Incident Manager
- Comp TIA Network+
- Comp TIA Server
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Linux Systems Administrator / Engineer
- ITIL Foundation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of servers, network topology, security, data storage, client-devices (desktop, laptop, mobile smart devices, and virtualization in enterprise-class data center operations.
- Demonstrated proficiency/experience monitoring complex Windows and UNIX computing platforms and networks using enterprise monitoring and management tools such as CA Spectrum, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, HP Openview and Orion Solarwinds
Demonstrated proficiency/experience in utilizing technical knowledge and tools to investigate and resolve errors as a first tier support engineer
- Proven communication (verbal and written) skills including writing technical documentation, providing remote/phone support and providing direct customer service
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently implement operational procedures involving technical systems and tools used by the NOC team, including cross-training NOC peers and external IS team members as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced service environment while managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively and establish/maintain positive work relationships with cross functional teams
- Ability to work any shift across 24×7 service windows
- Demonstrated accountability, respect and teamwork
- Proven ability to complete assignments and carry out job responsibilities with limited supervision on assignments.
- Specialized Skills/Demands: Must be able to independently lift 50 pounds