In this role, the Senior Manager of Network Operations Center (NOC) Tier 1 will lead teams of Network Analysts, Technical Support Specialists and Supervisors to fulfill the customer Service Level Agreements (SLA) and the regulatory compliance requirements at the Federal, State, and local jurisdiction levels. Your teams are responsible for quickly detecting, analyzing, isolating and resolving fault conditions in the production environment on a 24X7 basis and ensuring all issues reported to the NOC are evaluated and responded to according to the customer SLAs, company policies, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the NOC Tier 1 monitoring and tech support at multiple locations.
- Lead teams of Network Analysts, Technical Support Specialists, and Supervisors in detecting, analyzing, isolating, and resolving fault conditions in the production environment.
- Ensure that process and procedures are being followed within the Incident Management Plan.
- Ensure outage notifications are being sent to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders according to the SLAs
- Ensure FCC reports are being filed for qualified outage or impairment events
- Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
- Ensure timely follow up with customers.
- Assist in writing and delivery of Root Cause Analyses when required.
- Provide support to the Tier II and Tier III technical support groups for quick resolutions to production issues.
- Provide support to Change Management events
- Interface with Engineering and Development management to improve network health and performance.
- Assist in the creation, documentation, and implementation of network monitoring procedures, troubleshooting guide and process improvements.
- Manage projects and delegate tasks.
- Attend appropriate training courses.
- Manage people including:
- Establish and refine roles and responsibilities for the Network Analysts, Technical Support Specialists, and Supervisors.
- Complete annual review with every direct report
- Provide mentorship and coaching
- Periodically review skill set requirements and identify training needs.
- Establish a baseline for new hires.
- Handle administrative responsibilities such as scheduling, time sheets and approving vacation requests, etc.
- Minimum of 5-10 years management experience within a Network Operations environment or similar environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Prior experience in people management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- BA/ BS degree
- Experience in technologies such as Next Generation 911, Text-to-911, Wireless, and VoIP E911 strongly preferred
- Experience in FCC outage reporting compliance
- Experience in the areas of public safety.
- ITIL/ ITSM certification a plus
- TL9000/ ISO9001 knowledge/experience
- Hands on experience with a variety of networking protocols, including SS7, TCP/IP, multicast, ethernet, and frame relay
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Suite of products and UNIX experience
- Hands on experience with Remedy and HP OpenView