- Serve as subject matter expert on TCP/IP, routing, switching, LAN/WAN design, firewalls, IP multicast, network design, implementation and support.
- Assist with requirements definition and functional specification of network transport and interconnection to new and existing systems.
- Participate with other team members in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Deliver top quality, performing work in a controlled and safe manner that ensures compliance with 99.999% uptime service level agreements.
- Assist with forensic troubleshooting and root cause analysis studies of problems associated with applications, databases and other components in the network.
- Prepare and maintain thorough documentation of as-built and new network deployments.
- Provide subject matter expertise to product management, sales, software development, and customer organizations.
- At least five years of experience with:
- Cisco and Juniper R&S configuration and operation (or equivalent)
- OSPF and BGP4 routing protocols
- Telephony Infrastructure: DDS, T1 and T3 systems, DACCs and so forth
- Frame Relay operations and services
- IP multicast, IGMP and PIM
- Previous experience working in and understanding of the importance of change control processes on critical 99.999 networks
- Configuration, troubleshooting, design and maintenance of firewall technologies such as Cisco and Juniper firewall platforms
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 years advanced experience in a complex network environment
- Python and/or Perl scripting is a large plus but not required
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper equipment
- Cisco and Juniper Certifications desired
- Experience working in a Tier III support role