We are looking for a self-starting software developer who will be responsible for translating business requirements into secure, maintainable software applications for our client. This involves analysis, design, implementation, unit testing and maintenance of back-end, middle-tier and front end software components, as well as integrating to third-party systems and software products.
In this job you will:
- Work with the client’s consultant(s) and third party vendors to design and develop new software applications and programs to support the business needs.
- Be responsible for the technical documentation and maintenance of custom programming software.
- Be responsible for programming enhancements and changes, when necessary, for reports and software.
- Work with project teams and Program Managers to ensure effective implementation of software.
- Coordinates with appropriate IT areas and business units when implementing software into the “live” environment and provide necessary documentation of any changes to procedure.
- Be knowledgeable in how to utilize the various operating systems, database languages, related programming languages, and other software as required for project implementation.
- Provide assistance to identify and maintain custom software programming in conjunction with vendor updates.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent conceptual and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, management, and vendors regarding software issues.
- Ability to present a professional image to vendors and co-workers.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing software and writing production code in a team environment required.
• Recent experience with the core of Microsoft’s tech stack (.NET, SQL, etc.)
• Experience with the following required:
- Visual Studio
- .NET Development
- Creating and consuming SOAP Web Services
- ASP.NET Web Site Development
- General Familiarity with the .NET Framework
- C #
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with basic DDL and CRUD operations.
- Transact-SQL Stored Procedures