Our mission is to simplify the complexities of workforce and benefit administration for our customers and business partners. That’s a tall order, and we need passionate, team-oriented staff members who want to excel, work hard and grow, while having fun at the same time.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will design, develop, and install software solutions. The key project for this role is greenfield and offers the most current tools and technologies for the core team. In this role, you will be required to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. The role requires the skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures. You will resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. The selected candidate may have the responsibility for planning, developing, and directing a small engineering team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Design and build highly scalable, resilient, performant cloud microservices and APIs
- Work with QA in close collaboration on developing testing processes, frameworks, automation, and deployment strategies
- Work with architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value
- Coordinate and communicate with product management, program management, QA, cloud operations, technical support, and sales teams at various stages of product development.
- May oversee the professional development of any direct reports, providing mentorship and leadership. Train and mentor, establish performance goals, and perform staff assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of working experience in Java
- 2+ years of designing and developing microservices
- Strong OOD and Design Patterns principles
- Experience building and developing high quality solutions on AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platforms
- Cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing
- NoSQL database systems such as DynamoDb, Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, or BigTable
- Strong professional experience with RDBMS systems such as Postgress, MySql, or MS SQL Server
- Caching systems such as Redis, Consul, or Memcache
- Experience with Docker containers
- Strong professional experience with Git and software development process
- Proven track record of leading a team – your ambitious about standards and executing with excellence
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices, methodologies and tools
- Working experience with creating web services using DropWizard
- Experience developing Application implementing Autopilot Pattern
- Experience with Streaming Systems such as AWS Kinesis, Kafka, SQS
- Experience with secure, data-sensitive, multi-tenant web site design
- Data Warehousing with systems such as Redshift, Hadoop, Spark
- Services orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
WHAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL
- Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Effectively lead large customer facing business solution projects
- Understand the impact of technology on business challenges, processes, and efficiency
- Explain benefits of a technical product / solution to a client in relation to the client’s business needs
- Work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Translate technical information into easy to understand language for customers
- Compose clear and concise technical written communication
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload – makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary. Ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
- Technically proficient – knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for own learning – knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn. You’re always learning and in turn, you’re always teaching.
- Communicates ideas – strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work. Support other divisions as needed with a focus on process improvement.
- Display ethical character and competence – acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, aligns with our core values and strategic goals. Act as a good citizen of our company.
- Standards and procedures -Using meticulous attention to detail, implement consistent, high quality and measurable procedures and protocols.
- Build strong internal relationships- You are emotionally intelligent and know your audience.
- Critical thinking, ability to challenge others and drive productivity, while maintaining strong business relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- Please only apply if you live in the Greater Seattle Area
- We cannot sponsor H1-B visas at this time
- We are not looking to expand our current list of preferred Corp-to-Corp vendors at this time