Job Title: Jr. Account Executive
Reports To: Business Development VP
Summary: The Jr. Account Executive is responsible for generating leads in assigned accounts as well as new accounts in the local market. This position is responsible for the lead generation of the sales cycle and observing the rest of the sales cycle for learning purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be an effective listener and closer.*
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to explain our programs and services.*
- Manage your leads/calendar/time efficiently to ensure that all weekly/monthly sales goals are met.*
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.*
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.*
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.*
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory.*
- Developing target accounts based on market analysis and creating a sales plan for penetrating these client companies.*
- Creating new business relationships through all networking channels, including referrals, online networking, industry events and warm calls.*
- Actively participate in industry forums, networking events and speaking engagements to build awareness about WideNet and its services. Network always!*
- Update ongoing documentation in Salesforce.*
- Responsible for tracking weekly production activity and metrics.*
- Review sales activity on a weekly and monthly basis with department manager.*
- Prepare annual sales plans.*
- This position is an internal, full time role. Must be able to work assigned schedule and occasionally work extended hours as the business dictates.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Proficient computer, email, CRM and Internet use.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience, call center or inside sales experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- A strong hunger for financial success. A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a need to exceed goals.
- Self-Motivated– You are self-motivated, driven, and possess an exceptional work ethic. You know how to make things happen and you will work tirelessly to get it done. You are an achiever and productive. You are committed to achieve company goals and objectives. Desire to learn.
- Relationship Builder –You know how to develop an active network of relationships inside and outside the organization. You are personable, and comfortable building relationships with applicants and clients. You are able to think on your feet in conversations and have the ability to handle candidate objections. You project confidence and enthusiasm over the phone.
- Flexible – You are open-minded and have a willingness to adapt to new environments. You have an interest in learning new things and possess the ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Organized– You enjoy multi-tasking and making order out of chaos. Approaches work in a structured way. You are able to prioritize your work, and are diligent about doing what needs to be done on a daily basis to meet your long term goals and objectives.
- Acts with Integrity – You demonstrate principled leadership and sound business ethics. You build trust with others by establishing credibility through integrity, honesty and authenticity. You exhibit consistency between personal and professional values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.