Responsible for design, operation, and performance of the Client’s network; including physical networking equipment, virtual server infrastructure, user administration and platform support.
Position duties and responsibilities
· Provide outstanding customer service to internal Associates.
· Participate in planning, design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure and virtual server environment.
· Perform network and system configuration, installation and implantation with limited supervision.
· Develop and maintain network configuration, documentation, industry best standards and practices.
· Serve as an escalation when advanced troubleshooting support is required.
· Establish and review network Service Level Expectations.
· Participate in an evolving and progressive technical ecosystem, migrating from legacy systems to next generation platforms.
· Work with IT Leadership to establish budget for needed enhancements and maintenance.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
· Technical certifications are a plus (MCSE, MCSA).
· Extensive hands-on experience and working knowledge of Microsoft server platforms, VMWare Virtual Infrastructure, Juniper networking and Palo Alto firewall equipment.
· Ability to work independently and collaborative in small groups with little supervision.
· Ability to maintain the necessary confidentiality with the Client’s corporate information.
· Ability to maintain a professional, service focused attitude at all times.
· Strong, oral written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge of network topologies and security.
· Proven working knowledge and experience with computers/systems including PCs, Servers, Laptops, Printers, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VPNs, telephony systems, and mobile devices.
· Proven working knowledge with systems and software including Microsoft Windows Server platforms, Microsoft Office, System Center, Exchange, Lync, and SharePoint.
· Proven working knowledge of user administration.