The IT Quality Assurance Analyst will work in collaboration with IT Application Development and IT Project Management to deliver quality solutions to the business. This role is responsible for ensuring the quality of products and services through the design and use of QA methodology, validating product functionality and performance. This role is also responsible for reviewing project requirements, reviewing Project Management artifacts through the Project Lifecycle, holding Project Managers accountable to the Project Management Methodology, and measuring the final product to the original requirements.
- Provide project teams with coaching and consulting services in test tool, strategy, methodology, and process.
- Work closely with QA Manager and team members to ensure continuous improvement of the testing methodologies and processes.
- Review project requirements, measuring the final product to original requirements. Reviews Project Management artifacts for quality of content and hold Project Managers accountable to the HSB Project Management Methodology.
- Work with developers, business analysts, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and project managers to assist in creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases. Performs test cycle planning and risk-based testing decisions.
- Assist in management of defects and test progress reporting.
- Designs and develops test infrastructures supporting integration initiatives.
- Implements automation and regression testing solutions.
- Interacts closely with developers and technical resources, offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products.
- Represent IT QA in cross-functional team meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software quality assurance and testing including developing and executing test plans, maintaining test documentation, manual software testing and scripting automated tests.
- Testing certification (i.e., CSTE, CAST, ISTQB) desired, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and levels.
- Experience working with one or more test management tools (i.e, HP ALM).
- Familiarity with various Software Development (SDLC) and Project Management (PMLC) lifecycles.
- Demonstrated design and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, but with a team focus.
- A strong customer service focus and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, and effective meeting management along with strong verbal and written skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to professionally suggest change and process improvement.
- Experience with MS Office tools: Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.