The Systems Engineer supports the systems life cycle in our client’s multi-platform environment by implementing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Systems Engineer provides a holistic view of all the client’s enterprise systems infrastructure including server hardware, operating systems, storage hardware/software, messaging and collaboration hardware/software, and related peripherals.
The Systems Engineer must manage at least one infrastructure technology and have expertise in relevant infrastructure systems. This position is expected to have subject matter knowledge with a firm grasp of solutions, functions, technology and protocols.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Design, install, configure and maintain IT systems that grow and support the business. Develop recovery strategies for all systems.
- Own at least one core infrastructure technology: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, VMware, Scripting, Citrix, FTP, Linux, or Windows Servers, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate usage statistics to ensure timely upgrades and additions of hardware and software to meet growth requirements.
- Provide escalated systems support for Tier 3 Operations, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
- Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
- Partner with the security team to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Participate on project teams throughout the organization in order to provide systems expertise and accomplish business objectives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or computer science, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of at least 5 of the following systems required: Windows 2003/2008/2012, Unix/Linux, Messaging/collaboration hardware/software, storage hardware/software including SAN/NAS technologies, hypervisor/virtualization technologies, enterprise management/monitoring tools and voice/data networking.
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and systems architecture required.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management preferred.
- Specialized knowledge required for at least one core infrastructure technology, including having a firm grasp of solutions, functions, technology and protocols: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, VMware, Scripting, Citrix, FTP, Linux, or Windows Servers.
- Foundational knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and frameworks required.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple projects simultaneously in accordance with BECU and industry project management methodologies.
- Maintain system knowledge and be aware of developments in the technical and financial services industry.
- Full time hours required, with occasional travel and the ability to adapt to flexible work hours.
- Weekend, nights and holiday work may be required.
- Will be required to be on-call, carry department communication device and be reachable by phone to provide 24 x 7 coverage.
- Full time on-site coverage required for employees who support the Spokane Data Center.