The Technical Project Manager is responsible to IT Business Solutions for leading and managing projects related to our client’s various business units. This includes working with the staff, management and supervisory levels assigned to each business unit. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of development and implementation, from project planning through implementation and closure.
- Ensure expected business outcomes for all projects are adequately defined, reported on, and measured at the completion of a project.
- Develop detailed work plans for complex or specialized projects.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Lead the project team in the successful planning, management, and implementation of projects.
- Ensure that executive sponsors, project sponsors, stakeholders, and team members receive consistent and timely communication regarding project status, issues and risks.
- Manage project budget including the creation of a budget forecast and reconciliation of actual spend against forecast
- Follow the prescribed project management methodology on all projects.
- Ensure all facets of projects are documented including, but not limited to, project implementation, disaster recovery, production support plans, and control documents per the project methodology.
- Manages the activities of partners and outside resources that may be working on assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business or computer science or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required leading projects or serving in a project management type of role, or equivalent educational experience required.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and remove obstacles from project path required.
- Excellent communication, leadership, negotiation and project management skills required.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple technical and business related projects required.
- Effective verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary