Contract duration: 12 months with potential to extend to 18 months.
Come be a part of building the technology future of one of the largest airlines in the world. The Airport Customer Experience team builds a variety of airport applications that help our customers and employees create an amazing travel experience. As we look to the future, our client has provided mobile devices to its entire front-line workforce and we are looking at ways to use technology to create a delightful and innovative customer experience. … and that’s where you come in.
We are helping this client to build out a team of Software Engineers skilled in iOS and API web services that will help shape the future of how our customers and employees use mobile technology to create an extraordinary travel experience.
The team is delivering software in incremental pieces via scrum delivery methodologies. This includes working hand-in-hand with our business and constantly shipping innovative solutions that provide immediate business value. We are looking to grow our team by adding an engineer who is passionate about writing code the right way. We are looking for a driven engineer who embodies software craftsmanship and will not only write clean code with robust unit tests but loves mentoring others on these skills.
- Be part of a high performing team responsible for creating a suite of amazing iOS mobile applications that help reinvent the airport experience for our Guests and Customer Service Agents.
- Contribute as a developer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers and other engineers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Architects, designs, and develops highly scalable and maintainable complex, end-to-end custom, software applications.
- Able to effectively and skillfully contribute to our C# REST API web service platform.
- Ensures delivery high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, mobbing, TDD, continuous integration and code reviews.
- Serves as a mentor and idea leader in continuously improving the team by sharing new technology/process opportunities, and best practices.
- Stays actively engaged in the technology industry and understands how evolving technologies can benefit our organization.
Job-Specific Skills (Required)
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with Carthage
- Good knowledge of performance limits and characteristics
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading
- Experience with embedded databases and other system data stores
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Good sense of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is a plus
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience building high-scaled distributed systems using Azure or AWS, a plus.
- Expertise with TDD, unit testing, pair or mob programming, and other XP techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to socialize and introduce new ideas and technologies to communities of developers.
- High degree of professionalism, customer service orientation, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team.
- Experience coaching and developing junior developers.