- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Real-Time Operating System development experience is strongly preferred, as is working experience in QNX and Qt
- Experience in trouble shooting embedded system software using appropriate debug tools is also required
- Proficiency in C++;
- Solid experience with QNX/Linux or other Real Time Operating System
- Experience developing SW in a regulated environment (FDA, FAA, etc)
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Real-Time Operating System development experience is strongly preferred, as is working experience in QNX and Qt.
- Experience in trouble shooting embedded system software using appropriate debug tools is also required.
- Primary focus is toward User Interface software development & integration.
- Proficiency in C++;
- Solid experience with QNX/Linux or other Real Time Operating System;
- Experience developing SW in a regulated environment (FDA, FAA, etc);
- Design Patterns; o Object Oriented Design and Architecture;
- Very nice to have: Experience working with QT;
- Nice to have: knowledge and/or experience with DDS (RTI);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions.
Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments. Reports observations/problems clearly and concisely, recognizing and highlighting specific deviations and presents possible solutions. Develops system level design strategies and may lead design, development, testing & refinement of components and sub-systems. Development follows Invent It, Make It, Sell It procedures. Usually works with minimum of supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be assisted by Design Engineer. Under general supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results.
Recommends changes in procedures and processes. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision. Guide and direct design engineers and senior design engineers in the same project. Fundamental understanding of IPC and IEC requirements as well as ISO organization related to electrical. Perform formal risk analysis and develop software mitigations. SW build, change control, and development/test process improvement. Development of research prototypes used to evaluate new product concepts. A desire to deliver a quality and innovative product that improves lives. Contribute to the definition and specification of future designs. Own/Support all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation, and transfer to manufacturing. B.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. M.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred. Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry. Familiar with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis. Able to debug software and hardware/schematics at higher level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and simulators. Experience in concurrent cross-platform development preferred. Demonstrates mastery in system level software (drivers, RTOS, and test applications) in embedded environment. Expertise in debugging embedded systems without or with little emulator support. Understands product development processes including: Change Control & Design Control. Software Development Life Cycle .
- Familiar with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) practices and general theory and application of PMBOK strongly preferred.
- Capable in Microsoft Project.
- C/C++, Object Oriented Coding, Windows Embedded Agile
- CodeWarrior, Perforce or similar, Doxygen, LabView, Matlab, Microsoft Visual Stud.
- Knowledge in embedded system design required.
- Understand integration of software and hardware required.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).