The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for the technology and 80-person software engineering team that runs our Client’s guest-facing digital products and accounts for nearly $4B in annual revenue. This includes their website, native mobile apps, the self-service experience, and their commercial pricing and loyalty systems.
The best candidate for this role will embrace servant leadership, love coaching and inspiring teams, and enjoy collaborating with product and design teams to build products that customers love.
The role requires a forward-thinking leader who, by nature, loves technology, leading people, and who will help them adapt and evolve, as technology and customer needs constantly change.
- Create and sustain a talent pipeline to recruit and retain high quality software engineers and managers at all stages of their careers.
- Ensure an inclusive environment that attracts software engineers from diverse backgrounds and encourages cross-team collaboration and sharing of solutions.
- Nurture the team as a coach and mentor to help team members continuously grow.
- Set high standards and inspire the team to achieve them.
- Embrace and execute a lean development framework that promotes quickly turning product ideas into deliverables that can be measured and evaluated.
- Work closely with Product and Design counterparts to align on vision, ensure teams have the skills to achieve their goals, and then deliver on that vision.
- Support teams as they identify and implement processes that will increase velocity, efficiency, and quality.
- Set and articulate the technical vision and direction for our Client’s e-commerce systems.
- Guide the team through technical design and development.
Reference Number: 5207