Our client is looking for a rock star sr. systems engineer/DevOps Engineer that will help support and grow the systems and network infrastructure. This role will help our client continue to deliver industry leading applications to businesses and consumers.
• You have a passion for continuous improvement, thrive in and are a leader in organizations that keeps pace with the state of the art, and are an example and mentor to your team.
• You will lead the Automation/DevOps platform strategy for the Digital Innovation Group
• You are and expert with agile continuous integration, delivery and DevOps & will champion the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high quality development environment.
• You dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team.
• You will assist in building, maintaining and debugging state-of-the-art engineering technical approaches and multi-tier cloud applications (IaaS & PaaS) with security best practices enforced
• You will build strategies to utilize automation to provision and secure infrastructure, software and other technical components that are baked into the orchestration of all software tiers
• You have a mind-set to automate everything
• You will guide technical design activities to ensure design intent is clear and infrastructure impact understood
• You will work with management and engineers to ensure systems are in line with overall policies and standards
• You provide coaching and leadership in automation architecture best practices
• You have a demonstrated track record of building high performing infrastructures and building security into the DNA of products
• You contribute to providing technical input for risk analysis, disaster recovery, architectural strategy and data center evolution
• You will perform with broad independence and deliver on project milestones and tasks assigned by manager on schedule while communicating progress regularly
• You are able to communicate technical ideas to non-technical team members
• You stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• You are able to manage workload and set appropriate expectations to team members
• You will build strong relationships with whole team and organization
• You are organized; analytical; self-starting problem solver
• You are professional with client facing skills including good verbal and written communication
• You are a great team player
Competency in a blend of the following areas, typically achieved in 5 or more years of closely related experience:
• 5+ years of combined system architecture experience across multiple OSes, languages and frameworks or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience working with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, XebiaLabs
• 3+ years’ programming experience with technologies such as python, powershell, php, java, C++, SQL
• 2+ years’ experience supporting Amazon Web Services with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EC2, Route 53, etc.
• Experience with other cloud technologies a plus
• Expert in designing and maintaining a cloud based highly-available (HA) service-oriented-architecture (SOA) large scale experience preferred
• Expert in distributed reliability engineering with a solid understanding of application data flow and how it meets system infrastructure
• Expert support experience with Linux operating systems
• Advanced experience working with server and application hardening best practices
• Advanced support experience with Windows operating systems
• Strong working knowledge of networking & load balancing protocols
• Strong experience with Web API technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong experience with a variety of monitoring tools and concepts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical solutions at all levels
• System, cloud or security administration certifications desirable
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.