Our Client is looking for a Kubernetes guru – or as close as they can get. Ideally, they want somebody that was/ is a key player in developing and operating Kubernetes clusters in a 24×7 production environment for at least a year. They would like to have someone that is focused on and well-versed in Cloud, particularly AWS.
- Education and Experience – B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering with 10 years’ work experience.
- DevOps Technologies – Multiple years of experience and demonstrated expertise with deploying, managing and operating a 24×7 production Kubernetes clusters, preferably within an AWS cloud environment. Experience with multiple DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technologies (e.g. Istio, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, etc.). Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated software solutions leveraging these technologies in an Enterprise Software engineering organization.
- Cloud Technologies – Advanced knowledge of best practices and experience in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking and problem solving in a cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- System Administration – Extensive experience installing, configuring, maintaining, tuning and administering Linux operating systems. Working knowledge of general networking (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Build and Deployment – Detailed knowledge of at least one build framework (ability to set up, execute, and script the framework) as well as familiarity with at least one automated deployment framework. Experience with microservices deployment and management.
- Coding – Advanced skills with at least one interpreted or compiled language (e.g., Go, Python, Java, Groovy, Bash, etc.).
- SCM, IDEs & Tools – Detailed understanding of the workings of SCM tools (Git, Perforce, Subversion) and experience with source code management and CI/CD integrations.
- Logging – Working knowledge of at least one key logging framework and log aggregation system and demonstrable understanding of the purpose and value of logging.
- Middleware Frameworks – Basic knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), web services (SOAP), RESTful services, Microservices, API development, and Message Brokers.
- Software Architecture – Basic knowledge of modern software architecture principles, distributed development and modern software integration practices.
- Data Storage & Access – Basic knowledge of modern data storage and access technologies, including caching, application of NoSQL, Key/Value, and RDBMS datastores, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Training – Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations. Document and design various processes and update existing processes. Be a hands-on teacher and advocate to ensure successful adoption of new tools, processes and best practices.
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Culture – Must be able to work in a dynamic, varied, and fast paced environment. Flexibility, tolerance to change, adaptation, pragmatism, and commitment are a necessity.
Reference Number: 5353