Are you looking for an engineering role in a dynamic, fun, and diverse company that allows operations a voice? Would you like to be involved in moving a software company to the enterprise level using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to deploy, support, and manage their new Azure Online offering, while improving and automating the operational processes that insure sustainability and stability of all our online applications. As part of the operations team, you will work with test, systems, and software engineers to troubleshoot and resolve incidents that arise with the online application in a 24 x 7 environment. You will create and automate release, change, deployment, and incident processes that will enable your team to manage and sustain the production environments. You will utilize trends and metrics to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools, and processes to continuously enhance operational supportability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate technical issues analytically and thoroughly, and assist in fixing them.
- Proficiency in scripting/programming with PowerShell or Visual Studio.
- Experience deploying & managing distributed Windows environments and custom applications.
- Expert with monitoring solutions like Solar Winds, New Relic or similar.
- Exceptionally strong foundation in networking technology and protocols.
- Travel to India at most on a quarterly basis.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or other related fields
- 5+ years’ experience with software and systems architecture.
- Extensive experience using automation tools to drive efficiency improvements in a cloud environment
- In depth knowledge & experience of Azure PaaS, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Previous experience Microsoft O365 especially SharePoint Online
- Certification in Microsoft Cloud Technologies
- Familiarity with Agile & DevOps development methodologies
- Familiarity with development tools such as Team Foundation Server, Jira, Jenkins, or Team City.
- Self-driven, detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, a strong team player who works well with immediate and extended team, and consistently puts the team above oneself.
- Ability to work well with cross organizational teams with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire to build, ability to multitask, sense of ownership and urgency.
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload – makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for learning – knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn.
- Communicates ideas – proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence – acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the PACT values.