Our Client is looking for a Desktop Support Technician that will assist staff in the Seattle corporate office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specifications, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. You will be responsible for resolving simple to medium end-user issues. In addition to providing end-user support, you will assist with the identification of trends in the computing environment and participate in resolution testing. Activities will require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. Finally, you will be responsible for understanding the local office environment, technology- specific uniqueness, and acting as a trusted advisor to the end-user community on their computing experience.
- Perform testing and monitor desktop performance and provide performance statistics and feedback to Workplace Technology Service Manager.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding Workplace Technology (desktops/laptops, PDA’s, etc.) problems with Russell standard processes.
- Perform Software installation requests and provide Tier 2 troubleshooting for all standard and enterprise approved applications.
- Assist organization with developing, maintaining, and promoting procedures, policies, reports, and other documentation for contribution to the Enterprise Knowledge base for the Enterprise Helpdesk and Workplace Technology Support Team to drive first call resolution rates.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis and resolution of simple to more complex desktop problems.
- Recommend company approved best practices for end-users, including hardware repairs and warranty work with the manufacturers.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations, related hardware and software.
- Ensure all physical desktop connections (i.e. Ethernet jacks, telephone ports, connections between PC’s and peripherals, etc.) are in proper working order.
- 3+ years of Desktop Support experience with a strong background in a Windows environment.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops and Laptops.
- Experience with Mac support desired
- Strong background in troubleshooting and superior analytical skills supporting users in a Windows environment on multiple client computing platforms, i.e. Physical and Virtual Workstations, Citrix and PDA’s.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager concepts and reporting and working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Excellent customer service and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates, ranging from technical support groups to senior and executive management.
- A+ Certification required.
- Ability to be a team player and consistently promote the value of the services provided by the support team.
- DOSD – Dell Online Search Dispatch certification desired.
- MCDST desired.
- Completion or working towards ITIL v3 foundation certification.
Reference Number: 5293