Responsible for supporting and driving the implementation, adoption and use of a variety of technology; productivity automation (telemetry); and data interpretation and compliance tools which help to differentiate Rail Management Services (RMS) performance with customers while driving employee productivity to meet industry service standards and maximize profits.
About the Position & Essential Job Responsibilities:
In this position, the successful candidate will work with the leadership and technology teams to help uncover areas of opportunity and improvement in our technology and productivity technology area. They will also help define new potential processes for optimizing data use and forecasting.
Our Client is looking for a seasoned data scientist who will be responsible for all aspects data research and analysis industry best practices. In this role, they will be working directly with the leadership team to help improve internal data analysis with the aim of driving informed decision making and increasing employee productivity through the use of technical solutions which align to business priorities.
As a data scientist, the chosen candidate must have expert knowledge of the transportation, logistics or intermodal space, and must provide adept technical information technology services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools while working closely with management, service providers, and engineers to help expand a data driven decisions.
To excel in this role, the successful candidate must also possess the following traits:
- Be passionate about the application of Data Science and its applications in the transportation, logistics, or intermodal space to dive the innovation of efficient and refined operations;
- Be Resourceful and able to drive towards results in a start-up style environment;
- Work as an enthusiastic self-starter, leader and team player;
- Be an excellent analytical and problem-solver who can communicate effectively to bridge the business and technical teams;
- Be focused on measurement, analysis, visualization, and storytelling across data science analytics and user research. Ensuring analytics and insights are actionable for cross-functional teams and partnering closely with product, engineering, and design teams to drive new insights and product ideas into the development lifecycle;
- Collaborate with Vice Presidents and Directors in order to formulate and implement technology and productivity automation policies, procedures, goals, and objectives; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of transportation or logistics industry experience, preferably in the intermodal or rail transportation industry;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or a directly related field (or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience);
- At least five years of experience in data science, computer programming, and data analysis field;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with a variety of individuals. Must also have the demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter with the profile of working well independently and taking initiative;
- Must have the ability to translate ideas and business requirements into business solutions. This includes strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations; Strong background/experience with data mining, statistical analysis, data processing with large amounts of data; Strong understanding and ability to operate with SQL; and Experience with data visualization tools/dashboard development (e.g., Tableau, Plotly, etc.);
- Must have a thorough understanding of Master Data Management, Automated Data Quality and experience designing data warehouses, databases, & data schemas;
- Highly organized and flexible; and
- A highly-detail oriented individual working with a consistently high degree of accuracy.
Reference Number: 5280