Our client’s Enterprise Data Governance department is looking for a Data Governance Manager to join our team.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture of trusted data that drives confidence decisions and outcomes for our customers and employees through Enterprise Data Governance department. As a Data Governance Manager reporting to the Enterprise Data Governance department, you will execute on our roadmap to implement our enterprise data governance, data management, stewardship and quality across multiple domains in the organization. The organization is currently going through a business transformation as part of the multi-year roadmap to move away from a reactive to proactive data governance across the enterprise in managing data quality, privacy, security, and usage. The Enterprise Data Governance department is responsible for establishing, and managing the controls, processes, and procedures through the Enterprise Data Governance Office Council and Working Group.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your data governance and data management expertise to influence and implement the data governance at our organization. You will work across the enterprise to design and implement processes, controls and procedures that enable information assets to realize their full value. You will ensure appropriate controls are in place to support the entire life cycle of data by providing thought leadership on data management leading practices and support the data governance projects to drive improvements in data quality, reliability and ongoing monitoring of data governance metrics. Coordinate and oversee the resolution of data integrity and self-service data access gaps by working with the business units across the enterprise.
Work closely with the head of data and other projects in a multi-year effort to mature our data governance capabilities across different domains through incremental improvement and management of the on-going data governance. Responsible for the design, documentation and ongoing maintenance of controls, processes, procedures including training related to data governance, and data management. Assist in the definition and development of data governance measurements and track, monitor, and publish data governance scorecards. Provide leadership, education and communication to others on the enterprise data governance, and data management activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
• Proven knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to data governance, and data management.
• Seven years of experience in the data governance, and data management areas.
• Seven years’ experience managing or leading teams (some could include consulting) in strategic planning, development, implementation and support of data governance, and data management areas. With experience in management demonstrating:
- Strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- High competency in project management discipline and execution of small to large projects.
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Successful development and implementation of new technologies in data governance, and data management.
- Proficiency in driving process improvement.
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex problems.
• Two years’ experience in participating in strategic planning, development, implementation and maintenance/support of data governance, and data management areas.
• Demonstrated management and decision making skills concerning data governance policies, controls, processes, and procedures with proven track record of completing tasks and/or projects within budget and on schedule
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business processes.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially with non-technical managers. Solid oral and written communication skills. An ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
• Strong knowledge in project management discipline (waterfall , agile/scrum) to effectively arrange resources and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills for single or multiple technical areas.
• Strong negotiating and critical thinking skills.
• Customer-oriented, a positive, team-oriented attitude, flexibility, an understanding of the business issues driving the need for information technology, and solid work ethic are expected.
• Expert in using data governance, and data management tools.
• Deep background in metadata management, and master data management tools, multi-tier reporting systems design and support practices, including architecture, engineering, configuration, tuning, and capacity planning.
• Masters’ degree
• Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning and executing mid-to-large-scale projects from envisioning to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors.
• Knowledge and experience in developing strategic information systems plans
• Working knowledge of WAC rules, and tariffs, WUTC rules and regulations
• In-depth knowledge of meter information and utility business practices
• In-depth knowledge in meter data management best practices
• Experience in managing an organization of 12+ employees (including contractors) with an annual budget exceeding $3 million
• Experience working with HP Quality Center for testing management and monitoring.
• Experience using BI Tools including Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc.
• Experience with SAS, R, Python or other similar programming languages.
• Experience with Master Data Management and Metadata Management tools such as Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, and Alation.
• Experience in any enterprise data quality tool suites (such as Informatica Data Quality, Oracle Enterprise Data Quality, SAP BusinessObjects Data Quality Management, IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management, Dataflux Data Management Studio) Familiarity with tools used for Extraction Transformation Load (ETL) tools and familiarity with the data transformations used in the ETL process.
• Ability to address essential regulatory requirements such as SOX in conjunction with Data Governance and/or Data Quality. Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (such as Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, and Data Lake).
• Project Management Professional (PMP).
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification.
• Six Sigma Certification.
• Industry certifications such as DAMA’s Certified Data Management Professional® (CDMP®), Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) or other equivalent certification.
• Working knowledge of SAP applications (e.g., ECC, CRM, BW, BOBJ-BODS, BOBJ-BI, etc.,), Archer eGRC (Enterprise Governance Risk and Compliance), Data Modeling tools (such as SAP PowerDesigner, Erwin), Big Data Platform, Cloud and other utility industry applications such OMS, GIS, etc.
- Please only apply if you live in the Greater Seattle Area
- We cannot sponsor H1-B visas at this time
- We are not looking to expand our current list of preferred Corp-to-Corp vendors at this time