We are seeking a Data Analyst for our data science team. You will be working with data and internal clients to manage and analyze processes as part of our data science initiatives. In this role, you will be empowered to move quickly, learn cloud-based architectures, and work with the most comprehensive datasets on private equity, venture capital, and M&A.
Our data projects are complex and diverse. Our ideal candidate will approach a problem from many angles and understand the complexities before proposing and implementing the best solution.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on a cross-functional team including Data Scientists, Product Managers, Engineers, and Research
- Digging deep into the data in order to provide feedback and suggestions to our data scientists to help them improve their machine learning models
- Work collaboratively with internal clients to create and improve processes that provide training data for our Data Scientists and ensure high quality data
- Develop reporting and dashboards that inform business decisions and monitor use and effectiveness of machine learning models currently in production
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, OR demonstrated ability to handle complex problems using quantitative means
- Minimum 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL and MSSQL)
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills (Excel and Tableau)
- Experience providing reporting metrics and producing actionable insights to stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, committed to quality, interest in continuous learning of tools and technologies
- Experience with at least one scripting language for data manipulation (Python, R)
- Experience working with AWS or equivalent cloud computing