Our Client is looking for a key member of the architecture team who will be focused on new and existing technologies of our Client, including Radio and Messaging. Responsibilities include working with internal and external stakeholders to capture and elaborate requirements, analyzing potential architectural solutions, creating and document conceptual and architectural designs, and supporting development teams with the resolution of design and technology issues throughout the product lifecycle. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Architecture within the New Technologies Team with minimal supervision.
- Participate in the gathering, clarification, and prioritization of features, requirements and use cases for hardware and software (may require travel to customer locations).
- Create conceptual and architectural design solutions that will balance customer goals and needs with technical constraints.
- Ensure that Radios, Messaging, and other products work well together and meet the overall system objectives.
- Clearly communicate designs and changes to technical teams including engineering, testing, and customer organizations.
- Supports Product Managers, Product Owners and Agile teams for Radio, Messaging and other products to find the best business responses to emergent issues (changes in business priority, discovery of technical limitations, etc.).
- Support the creation and refinement of project and product development methodologies.
- As a Systems Engineer / Associate Architect, this role will be responsible for:
- Generating requirements for new product developments and upgrades.
- Capturing conceptual and architectural design details.
- Analyzing design alternatives.
- Negotiations with Product Engineering Team members on how to design solutions that cross product boundaries or that have complex system level interactions in the field.
- Supporting definition of features, user stories, and non-functional requirements.
- Minimum of a BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience software or hardware development or systems engineering.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly and desire to excel.
- Well-honed analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Experience generating requirements and designs including documentation.
- Knowledge of RF networks, protocols, and hardware.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks, TCP/IP, and other communication protocols/networks.
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment of primarily engineers and technical people.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the agile development process.
- Ability to grow move into Product Owner / Architect role.
- Experience with MATLAB or similar software.