The successful candidate for the Cloud Network Security Architect role will engage in a security engineering role with both internal clients and Client product teams to assess, develop, and implement Client infrastructure and security operations solutions. The Cloud Network Security Architect will contribute expertise to infrastructure threat models and design reviews, as well as provide security consulting and security architectural guidance to the Client SaaS Operations and Infrastructure teams.
You’ll be responsible for providing guidance and real-world mitigation steps to identified information risks. The successful candidate will be required to assess security flaws, determine mitigation strategies, and drive fixes to resolution. A thorough understanding of networking, security architectures, and experience deploying complex enterprise solutions in public clouds will be valuable experience for the right candidate.
- Architect, engineer, and maintain complex network architectures in both public cloud and traditional on-prem environments
- Evaluate, design, and implement, IDS/IPS technologies, including web application inspection, web filtering
- Deploy and maintain enterprise network orchestration technologies
- Perform technical consulting in the areas of infrastructure, networking, and operations security
- Evaluate and design perimeter control solutions to meet security and business needs
- Design and develop security architectures for Cloud and Hybrid environments
- 7 years of experience in cloud or network security engineering at an enterprise scale
- 5 years of experience with AWS networking technologies (VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs, Transit Gateway, ELB, Route 53, etc.)
- 5 years of experience with enterprise firewall technologies (Palo Alto Networks)
- Working experience with the design, deployment, and maintenance of IDS/IPS technologies
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, VLANs, VPN, DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT, Wifi protocols, etc.)
- Working experience with network management technologies
- Knowledge of authentication protocols (SAML, RADIUS, 802.1x, etc)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- AWS Solutions Architect/Advanced Networking/Security certification preferred
- Experience with autoscaling firewall deployments via terraform
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks like SSAE18 SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
- CISSP, PCNSE, SANS certifications, technology certifications and other security certifications is a plus
Reference Number: 5592