The Business Systems Analyst engages with client stakeholders to conduct site analyses, elicit business requirements, and create business requirement documents as well as other collateral. Additional collateral includes process flow models, functional specifications, use cases, and other deliverables to solve business problems and improve existing process, software, and technology solutions. The BSA works as a Product Owner within a cross functional, Agile-oriented team to shepherd user stories through the software development life-cycle.
As a Business Systems Analyst at our Client, you will join a cohesive cross-functional team of software engineers and testers who are passionate about using technology to solve real-world problems. Successful candidates will be detail and result-oriented problem solvers by nature; they possess strong organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills. Although this position is non-technical in nature, a background in technology, technical skills and/or experience working in a software development environment is highly desirable.
- Requirements Elicitation– Develops detailed site assessments, business user requirements, process flows, release notes and other documentation as needed. Provides clarity. Reviews requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Provides guidance and consultation to team members to remove impediments and to clarify business requirements, specifications, uses cases and acceptance criteria.
- System Analysis– Employs a holistic approach to determine how changing business needs will affect systems and business processes; provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Product Ownership– Ensures sprint objectives are met. Cultivates an efficient and productive working environment within the team and between customers and other internal or external stakeholders. Engaged in the Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Backlog Management– Creates and grooms a 60-90 day product backlog designed to facilitate effective project and product planning. Ensures proper backlog prioritization against business value and company objectives.
- Product Focus– Promotes product emphasis and advocates for sustainable solutions that preserve the integrity of the product.
- User Acceptance & Testing– Facilitates release readiness and user acceptance of completed items. Accepts or rejects developed sprint items based on verification against requirements, specifications and acceptance criteria. Works independently and in conjunction with QA to develop and execute individual test cases and test plans.
- Collaboration– Fosters a cooperative environment within his/her team and between customers and other internal or external stakeholders. Works effectively across teams to achieve shared goals and objectives; values open communication and keeps all stakeholders apprised of essential information.
- Training– Acts as a product liaison with assigned customers to provide training and support. Works independently and in collaboration with others to develop training plans and materials and to provide product presentations and demonstrations.
- Issue Oversight– Monitors customer reported software problems and questions. Works independently and with QA, Development, Project management, Account Management and Application Support resources to prioritize, investigate, troubleshoot and resolve customer software and hardware problems.
- Software Deployment– Leads training, site assessment, testing and deployment related engagements locally in Seattle and at customer facilities worldwide.
- Minimum of 5–7 years (1-3 years of relevant experience for entry level BSA) of direct work-related experience in Software Development or Analytical capacity or work experience with Marine Terminal Business Operations or Transportation Industry equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exposure to Agile Software Development Methods
- Experience with Business Process Reengineering concepts and methods
Reference Number: 5238