Our Client is looking for a hard-working and organized Senior BI Analyst to be responsible for the upkeep and development of warehouse data to support our business decision making. The Senior BI Analyst builds and maintains the data warehouse design so they can generate reports on financial and market intelligence to aid in business performance monitoring and business decision making.
A successful Senior BI Analyst has a strong working knowledge of business trends, and is able to read and analyze product, market, and share trends. You should have strong organizational, critical thinking, and communication skills. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions for our Client.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects)
- Modify existing SQL to add additional data, correct errors and improve performance
- Interact with other technology teams to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Support the other team members with peer code reviews, testing, and other activities.
- Analyze user needs and requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develop and direct testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Proactively manage, report and communicate deliverables, issues and risks to senior management and stakeholders.
- Promote cross-functional teamwork, collaboration, customer service, and problem solving.
- Define and provide governance of standards, best practices and processes on Business intelligence Platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ equivalent field with 5 plus years of Experience in IT or Master’s degree in computer science/ quantitative field with 3 plus years of related IT Experience
- Minimum 3 years of Experience in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and SAP Business Objects Development & Administration.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- Strong expertise in Business Intelligence platforms including SAP Business Objects suite (4.1+), Tableau and other visualization platforms.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with T-SQL, MySQL and MemeSQL.
- Experience with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Experience with Atlassian Collaboration tools – JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience with AWS, Amazon Redshift & Dynamo DB (preferred).
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- In-depth understanding of BI technologies (e.g. Tableau, SAP BI, Crystal Reports)
- Strong understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principals including scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, development and maintenance
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Information Security including row level
- Understanding of standards, best practices and governance around BI Platforms.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Focus on debugging and root cause analysis
- Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Problem Solving and logical thinking
- Experience in the real estate industry (bonus points).
Reference Number: 5356