The Manager of IT Automation Services is responsible for executing on the strategy for our Client’s infrastructure as code capability, CI/CD pipeline process, and container strategy. This role manages resource management, vendor management, inventory / asset management, as well as the organization’s operational goals and objectives. This manager must also be able to promote cross-departmental collaboration and take lead in the driving process and systems improvements, with a focus on operational stability and cloud adoption.
As a people leader, the Automation Manager leads and establishes priorities for a technical engineering team responsible for automation services and the DevOps community.
- Leads a highly technical team responsible for ensuring the integrity, availability, and disaster recovery of our Client’s critical infrastructure through automation, process improvement, monitoring, and metrics driven methodologies.
- Develops people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on delegation for stretch assignments, growing and developing the team for capacity and growth, looking at performance across the team, and time management.
- Shapes culture of the team through action, presence, and reinforcement of behaviors.
- Communicates company, industry, and department news to staff and recognizes and rewards their successes, small and large.
- Manages all critical platforms to meet or exceed critical systems disaster recovery objectives.
- Collaborates with other IT teams to improve systems support, monitoring, and administration.
- Manages vendor relationships ensuring highest quality and reasonable costs.
- Develops robust capacity planning and life cycle management processes.
- Writes business cases and divisional attachments.
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience leading technical IT teams
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in computer science, engineering, information systems, or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of this degree
- In-depth knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, container platforms, and enterprise monitoring solutions
- In-depth knowledge of automated, software-based infrastructure management, preferably using Chef.
- Technical vision and understanding of IaaS/PaaS/SaaS including physical and virtual data centers, backbone and data center networks, server hardware, operating systems (Windows and Linux), DNS, authentication, storage, load balancing, databases, virtualization, security, and related technologies
- Experience utilizing multiple programming languages (ex. Ruby, PowerShell, .NET, C++, Python, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise systems utilizing such platforms as Windows Server, UNIX, Linux, Virtualization, Active Directory, etc.
- Experience leveraging new technologies to improve process, reduce support, and/or lower costs.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (load balancing/switching/routing)
- Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technology integrations
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Experience leading a DevOps community
- Proven ability to lead teams through process improvement and change
- Strong team building and technical leadership abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively in stressful work environments
- Proficient project planning, risk management, scheduling, and execution
- Technical and/or process improvement certification
Reference Number: 5210