Our Client is seeking an individual to join their IT- Software Quality Assurance Team. This position will be responsible for automation test coverage and leading four QA teams to provide leadership and mentorship for those teams and other SDETs. The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality and employ a broad range of technical tools and skills to find and solve problems.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the online industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable.
- Direct, manage and remove roadblocks for multiple onshore and offshore teams of quality professionals.
- Take active role in interviewing, onboarding as well as improving both processes.
- Mentor and guide members of the team to increase skills and productivity.
- Manage and prioritize team backlog effectively with QA leadership team.
- Design and lead implementation of testing processes for continuous improvement.
- Drive adoption of standards and best practices for software testing, test development and automation.
- Discover problems, analyze, and mitigate quality risks.
- Assist in the definition of testing strategies and approaches for complex technical implementations.
- Lead the way by staying up to date with tools, trends, and technologies
- Measure and report organization performance against a comprehensive set of quality goals and metrics.
- Partner with peers in IT to develop test processes for CICD as well as meet deadlines and satisfy requirements.
- Designs, develops, and executes automated software test strategies, plans and test cases.
- Design, code, and document automated test cases within the defined framework to satisfy business requirements and client/project expectations using primarily Selenium with Java.
- Document, track, and report testing results.
- Analyzes and determines test dependencies including QA environment, QA tools, training, build and deployment plans and communication processes.
- Actively participate in requirement gathering sessions and give input on requirement and design documents.
- Develops and communicates accurate estimates based on testing dependency analysis as requested by project/management team.
- Work closely with development team on test results and testing required code changes.
- Develops and ensures adherence to standardized software quality assurance best practices, policies, & processes.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company, as necessary.
- More than 5 years in QA domain designing, developing, and executing automated tests.
- More than 4 years of experience creating effective robust UI automation testing using Selenium or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, hands-on software quality assurance experience, functional and back-end testing of websites and back-end applications
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools.
- A sound understanding of Quality processes and methodologies and their purpose and place within the SDLC.
- Must have current design and development experience in Java (or similar)
- Knowledge and understanding of typical multi-tier application architecture (presentation, service, data)
- Well-rounded computer science engineering skills or equivalent experience
- Solid experience with Microsoft SQL or similar relational database
- Knowledge of web-based SOAP/RESTful services
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Appreciation for CI/CD and DevOps
- Building/maintaining automated test infrastructure
- Development of test tools
- Proficiency in any of the following tools: TFS, IntelliJ, Maven, Git, Junit, Jenkins, Splunk, SOAPUI
- Tomcat/Apache/IIS knowledge
- Self-driven continuous learning mindset
- Inventive problem solver – open minded but practical.
- Travel industry knowledge (nice to have but not necessary)
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working in an environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical thinker possessing strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Reference Number: 5688