Our Client is looking for an SDET who will be responsible for automation test coverage to provide more plentiful opportunities for Client’s members to travel. The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality and employ a broad range of technical tools and skills to find and solve problems.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the online industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices, yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. They have a clear understanding of the multiple software development methodologies and will have worked in several. They will have solid technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
- Designs, develops, and executes automated software test strategies, plans and test cases
- Design, code, and document automated test cases within the defined framework to satisfy business requirements and client/project expectations using primarily Selenium with Java
- Document, track, and report testing results
- Mentors Junior SDETs in adopting automation framework and tools for continuous testing.
- Analyzes and determines test dependencies including QA environment, QA tools, training, build and deployment plans and communication processes
- Actively participate in requirement gathering sessions and give input on requirement and design documents
- Develops and communicates accurate estimates based on testing dependency analysis as requested by project/management team.
- Work closely with development team on test results.
- Executes automated test scripts, researches test run failures, and reports defects and results.
- Troubleshoot test runs and environments. Identifies and resolves problems, often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions
- Analyzes and manages test results to identify defects, ensures features and user stories work as expected and recommend corrective action as appropriate
- Develops and ensures adherence to standardized software quality assurance best practices, policies, & processes
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary
- More than 5 years in QA domain designing, developing, and executing automated tests
- More than 3 years of experience creating effective robust UI automation testing using Selenium or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, hands-on software quality assurance experience, functional and back-end testing of websites and back-end applications
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools.
- A sound understanding of Quality processes and methodologies and their purpose and place within the SDLC.
- Must have current design and development experience in Java (or similar)
- Knowledge and understanding of typical multi-tier application architecture (presentation, service, data)
- Well-rounded computer science engineering skills or equivalent experience
- Solid experience with Microsoft SQL or similar relational database
- Knowledge of web-based SOAP/RESTful services
- Mobile Automation skills (Appium)
- Experience with SOA architecture
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Appreciation for CI/CD and DevOps
- Building/maintaining automated test infrastructure
- Proficiency in any of the following tools: TFS, IntelliJ, Maven, Git, Junit, Jenkins, Splunk, SOAPUI
- Tomcat/Apache/IIS knowledge
- Self-driven continuous learning mindset
- Inventive problem solver – open minded but practical.
- Travel industry knowledge (nice to have but not necessary)
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working in an environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical thinker possessing strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Reference Number: 5680