You will be working with a team of highly qualified engineers that are providing engineering and design support for Client’s nationwide production network and architecture. You will be responsible for network designs, network performance and capacity planning. Ensure on-going capability of the nationwide network to support advanced features and comply with evolving standards.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on TCP/IP, routing, switching, LAN/WAN design, firewalls, load balancers, IP multicast, network design, implementation, and support
- Assist with requirements definition and functional specification of network design components
- Participate with other team members in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Deliver top quality, performing work in a controlled and safe manner that ensures compliance with 99.999% uptime service level agreements
- Perform real-time troubleshooting of production problems, quickly identify and resolve
- Assist with forensic troubleshooting and root cause analysis studies of problems associated with applications, databases, and other components in the network
- Prepare and maintain thorough documentation of as-built and new network deployments
- Provide subject matter expertise to product management, sales, software development, and customer organizations
- Troubleshooting in complex inter-networking environments
- Must have deployment and operational experience with Juniper OS (Junos)
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and its suite of protocols
- Cisco and Juniper R&S configuration and operation (or equivalent)
- OSPF and BGP4 routing protocols
- Using load balancing technologies
- IP multicast, IGMP, and PIM
- Experience with SIP protocol and VoIP call routing/delivery
- Previous experience working in and understanding of the importance of change control processes on critical 99.999 networks
- Configuration, troubleshooting, design, and maintenance of firewall technologies such as Cisco, Juniper, Citrix, and F5 firewall and load balancing platforms
- Experience with compute cloud offerings: AWS, Azure
- Ability to excel in a team environment that emphasizes total cooperation and mutual respect
- Python and/or Perl scripting is a large plus but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years advanced experience in a complex network environment.
- Experience with Juniper or Cisco equipment.
- Juniper or Cisco Certifications desired.
- At least one-year experience leading a team or 2 or more
- Experience with Agile/KANBAN processes and procedures
- Highly detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of TDM Technologies
- Hands on experience with telephony protocols (e.g. SIP, SS7, ISDN and CAMA) and knowledge of telephony infrastructure: DDS, T1, T3, OC, DACs, ISDN PRI, etc.
- Experience with SIP protocol and VoIP call routing/delivery.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Willing to work overtime and on-call as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Experience working in a Tier III support role.
Reference Number: 5665