The UI Designer is responsible for developing solutions to User Interface (UI) design problems at our Client. As an individual contributor, this role makes recommendations to improve guest experiences ensuring they visually communicate the experience the Product Designer articulated, reinforce clarity, usability, and brand across web, mobile app (iOS and Android), kiosk, and other digital mediums.
- Take initiative to develop solutions to complex User Interface (UI) problems that exhibit skilled techniques and understanding of best practices with motion, iconography, typography, color, space, and all aspects of the visual execution of Client’s guest facing digital experiences.
- Make recommendations on and design UI elements, working closely with product designers and developers to clearly communicate function, provide a clear path forward for guests, and reinforce the brand across channels and platforms to create relevant, simple, and engaging experience for our guests.
- Applies knowledge in UI design to contribute to the design system through usage of the documentation framework for all pieces of the design system (i.e. components and patterns) by collaborating with fellow Product and UI designers to inform the design language for Client’s digital solutions.
- With limited direction from leadership, partner/build relationships with cross-channel solutions that align with Marketing and other company wide partners, resonate with the guest and are optimized for brand, mobile/responsive, traffic, SEO, awareness, and conversion.
- Develop solutions for UI design that ensure design standards and consistency are met by working with researchers and analytics to evaluate designs and incorporate findings through a test and learn approach that helps measure outcomes and KPIs.
- Take on ambiguous challenges to apply user-centered design best practices for interaction, usability, and visual design fundamentals while balancing user needs with business goals and technology capabilities to provide clear direction for engineering teams in implementing states, modes, and conditions while bringing the brand to life in our digital experiences.
- Determine an effective approach for supporting the vision of the future of digital design at Client by applying a forward-thinking, strategic mindset in collaboration with fellow designers and engineers to go from where we are today to the vision state.
- Represent Client’s digital brand and e-commerce by collaborating with all designers and cross-functional partners to create, iterate, and develop UI designs and design patterns in multiple product focused areas and act as a mentor to fellow designers.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-education employment experience in user interface design, interactive design, visual or graphic design with delivery in digital mediums or related area.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a focus in User Interface (UI) Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, User Experience, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, (or a related field) or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of this degree.
- Strong portfolio showcasing design skills that demonstrate critical thought process, digital cross-platform experience, ability to elevate a brand’s visual language into digital experiences and knowledge of how UI design adds business value.
- Intermediate to high level skills in Figma and/or latest design tools (i.e. Adobe CS, XD, Sketch, Abstract, etc.) with demonstrated ability to create shared understanding within cross-functional teams.
- Experience with rapid prototyping to show product flows, facilitate shared understanding and directly collect guest feedback.
- Working knowledge of lean, agile product delivery, MVP, optimization tests and workflow tracking tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, VersionOne, etc.
- Strong understanding of user centered design best practices as they relate to cross-browser compatibility, UI patterns across platforms, and designing inclusively for users of all abilities.
- Excels as a deadline oriented conceptual and visual thinker, with a broad toolset for organization and communicating complex ideas.
Reference Number: 5643