The Product Designer is responsible for developing solutions to User Experience (UX) design problems at Client. As an individual contributor, this role makes recommendations to improve design and usability problems for our guest-facing digital experiences within our end-to-end guest journey and beyond, across web, mobile app (iOS and Android), kiosk, and other digital mediums.
- Take initiative to develop solutions to complex User Experience (UX) problems for usability, interaction design, information architecture, and accessibility standards to balance user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- Make recommendations on UX solutions that result in your creation of user flows, wireframes, prototypes (all levels of fidelity), and production ready designs by facilitating stakeholder workshops, usability studies and other validation techniques to create relevant, simple, and engaging experience.
- Applies understanding of user-centered design best practices to product strategy, feature reviews and sprint rituals in coordination with Product Management, Engineering, and other Designers.
- Facilitate and synthesize user research to generate product discoveries, requirements, and evaluate designs, through stakeholder workshops, usability studies and other validation method/techniques.
- With limited direction from design leadership, work independently to partner/build relationships for cross-channel solutions that align with company-wide partners, resonate with the guest, and are optimized for brand, mobile/responsive, traffic, SEO, awareness, and conversion to maintain the quality of design and consistency of deliverables across the design group.
- Continually audit the health of our digital experiences to ensure they meet consistency and design standards by working with UX research and analytics to evaluate designs and incorporate findings through a test and learn approach that helps measure outcomes and KPIs.
- Develop solutions for the design system through usage of the documentation framework for patterns and components by collaborating with fellow Product and UI designers to inform the design language for Client’s digital solutions.
- Determine an effective approach for design solutions of your products/platforms within large-scale initiatives that span across teams and business groups to ensure your design efforts uphold our design pillars and standards. Ensure alignment meets the objectives of the initiative while also identifying opportunities to enhance our guest experiences in ways otherwise not conceived by the initiative.
- Represent your knowledge of all aspects of user experience design by embodying and helping uphold best practices for the design team, acting as a mentor to fellow designers.
- 5+ years of post-education employment experience in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, User Experience, Product Design, Interactive Design with delivery in digital mediums or related area.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a focus in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, User Experience, Product Design, Interactive Design (or a related field) or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of this degree.
- Strong portfolio showcasing design skills that demonstrate critical thought process, digital cross-platform experience, application of skills to various communication styles, and knowledge of how UX design adds business value.
- Intermediate to high level skills in Figma and/or latest design tools (i.e. Adobe CS, XD, Sketch, Abstract, etc.) with demonstrated ability to create shared understanding within cross-functional teams.
- Experience with rapid prototyping to show product flows, facilitate shared understanding and directly collect guest feedback.
- Experience with lean, agile product delivery, MVP, optimization tests and workflow tracking tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, VersionOne, etc.
- Experience with user centered design best practices as they relate to cross-browser compatibility, UI patterns across platforms, and designing inclusively for users of all abilities.
- Excels as a deadline oriented conceptual and visual thinker, with a broad toolset for organization and communicating complex ideas.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum age of 18. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Additional Keys to Success:
Communication & Relationship Building
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to enhance both customer and employee satisfaction.
- Active listener who values diverse perspectives and fosters an inclusive environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive outcomes in the best interest of the company.
- Proven capability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with other teams and workgroups.
- Ability to inspire a culture of design thinking, guest advocacy, accountability, and collaboration through independent contribution and consulting as a subject matter expert.
Technology & Skills
- E-commerce or product design agency experience
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in UI Design and leveraging motion, animation, and transitions to reinforce clarity, usability & brand.
- Balance of visual and data-driven mindset with a proven history of continuous self-development.
- Copywriting skills including UI copy, microcopy, and calls-to-action.
Reference Number: 5642