The Systems Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the installation, administration, and support of an enterprise-class IT systems infrastructure, utilizing expert level skills with standard systems hardware, software, and virtualization.
This individual must demonstrate a caring customer service attitude, a strong commitment to operational excellence, and be able to display behaviors and a commitment to the Cleint’s core values. They value an individual who brings an impeccable work ethic, is honest, and models a high level of integrity. Client desires candidates who display enthusiasm, energy, and a drive to succeed. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director, the organization’s culture is built on the following values: Integrity, Customer Service, Competitive Spirit, Courage, Sustainability and Collaboration.
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of an enterprise-class IT infrastructure by conducting hands on troubleshooting, configuration, installation, testing, and administration of infrastructure components utilizing expert level skills with Microsoft Windows Server networking software, Cisco UCS Server and Dell Storage Hardware, and Azure Cloud.
- Primary technical staff member responsible for the management of Azure cloud IaaS, Azure cloud datacenter disaster recovery (Azure ASR), virtualization management using Hyper-V Manager, Failover Cluster Manager, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Active Directory support and Microsoft BitLocker.
- In collaboration with IT management, responsible for the IT Infrastructure, incorporating factors such as business goals and requirements, cost, IT strategies and technical standards, and system security, cybersecurity monitoring, redundancy, scalability, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to the IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis as relevant technologies develop and business requirements change, ensuring infrastructure designs meet performance and uptime requirements.
- Serves as enterprise Backup and Restore Administrator and is responsible to create, schedule, and manage backup jobs for nightly incremental and weekly full backups. This includes daily tape rotation and coordination with the co-location data center. Ensures backups are comprehensive and ensures backup integrity. Advanced knowledge is required for log review and system troubleshooting.
- Responsible for planning the lifecycle and asset management of server and networking equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, cyber-security, business, or related discipline required.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) and MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certifications, both with an emphasis in Azure, are required. Previous experience with ITIL/ITSM processes is required, certification is desired.
- A minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience managing and overseeing Microsoft virtualization (Hyper-V) and Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) systems infrastructure required. An expert level of proficiency in enterprise level infrastructure solutions and equipment is required.
- Specific in-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies including storage, server and backup equipment, and system software from Microsoft, as well as in-depth knowledge of all aspects of TCP/IP internetworking and networking equipment.
- Cloud computing experience with emphasis on Azure and high-level knowledge and understanding of LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Results-oriented, process-oriented, and a collaborative team player who can be a high-level contributor to process and project planning activities.
- Ability to think strategically and understand the business requirements behind technical initiatives, proactively seek out solutions and technologies that will enhance the business and technology strategies of Client
- Actively educate themselves on emerging technologies and be a lifelong learner is essential.
Reference Number: 5590