As the Network Security and Operations Center (NSOC) Technician IV, you will be a member in a twenty-two (22) and growing team of Tier 1/2 Technicians and Operations Support Staff providing 24x7x365 Operations, Maintenance, and Help Desk services to Client Next Generation 911 customers. You will provide these services to Public Safety customers serving a community of over 20M citizens, 300 police, fire, and medical 911 centers, while operating 10+ data centers.
Your success will be measured in terms of effective service delivery to customers. Your role will be responsible for delivery of responsive incident management services, and proactive system operations and maintenance services associated with complex high-availability Next Generation 911 systems. You will interface with partners, vendors, customers, and internal resources to maximize system operations, customer satisfaction, and Service Level Agreement compliance. You will leverage your expertise in the execution of technical (network, services, and software) in a real time life-dependent environment.
- Creates incident tickets/workflows in compliance with Center’s Incident Management procedures
- Executes component failure resolution
- Provides support of customer accounts
- Provides support of customers using NG911 system
- Documents Root Cause Analysis for incidents
- Maintains highest incident ticket quality in compliance with Center’s standards
- Creates problem tickets/workflows in compliance with Center’s Problem Management procedures
- Escalate problem tickets to Tier 2/3 engineers for resolution
- Manage problem tickets to resolution in accordance with Problem Management categories and priorities
- Assists Shift Leads to identify symptom trends requiring a Problem Investigation
- Assists with customer communications and incident follow-up
- Assists customers with operations of complex cyber systems
- Performs Operations and Maintenance of complex system components
- Documents all planned and emergency Center and provided service provider’s O&M activities in Center’s Tracking System/Calendar
- Facilitates O&M meetings with customers, engineering, and service providers
- 6+ years technical school or experience with Networks, Servers, and software application operation, maintenance, or helpdesk.
- 2+ year experience desired in a Network Operations Center position
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL framework desired
- Demonstrated experience within the Telecommunications Service Provider industry highly desirable
- Associates or Bachelors’ Degree in STEM related discipline highly desirable
Reference Number: 5588