Our Client is seeking an experienced technical program manager to support a growing risk and compliance team to help implement a SOC 2 program to improve processes for managing compliance obligations and mitigate risk. The right candidate will manage the SOC 2 program gap analysis and control implementation and remediation across multiple stakeholder teams. Client’s Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Privacy (GRCP) team is responsible for managing various compliance risks across the company and are looking to technology to help us mature and be more effective.
- Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control, and completion of assigned projects, mainly the SOC 2 implementation.
- Develop and deliver a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Perform a gap assessment for SOC 2 compliance.
- Develop and maintain standardized best practices for SOC 2 compliance.
- Assist in documenting policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Work with engineers to design and implement controls and corrective action plans to remediate gaps.
- Develop and deliver training over SOC 2 control requirements.
- Identify areas for automation and/or business process improvements.
- Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
- Work strategically and independently with internal and external groups on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- 4+ years of technical program manager experience with demonstrated understanding of SOC 2 principles.
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial and regulatory compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO, NIST, SOX, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience developing and maintaining a common controls framework.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize processes and procedures.
- Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Results-oriented with strong time management skills, highly organized, motivated, and driven to succeed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Encourage and demonstrate a spirit of continuous improvement.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- 4+ years of experience in the risk management, security compliance field, especially dealing with SOC 2 compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Reference Number: 5582