The successful candidate for the Network Security Engineer role will engage in a security engineering role with both internal clients and Client product teams to assess, develop and implement Client infrastructure and security operations solutions. The Network Security Engineer will contribute expertise to infrastructure threat models and design reviews, as well as provide security consulting and security architectural guidance to the Client SaaS Operations and Infrastructure teams.
- Architect, engineer, and maintain complex network architectures in both traditional and public cloud environments
- Evaluate, design, and implement, IDS/IPS technologies, including web application inspection, web filtering, antivirus, SSL decryption, DNS sinkholing, etc.
- Deploy and maintain enterprise network orchestration technologies
- Design, implement, and lead a firewall change approval board
- Partner with SOC, SIRT, Infrastructure/Networking, SRE, and SecDevOps teams to establish and drive standards and automation
- Support incident response investigations with comprehensive log analysis
- Perform technical consulting in the areas of infrastructure, networking, and operations security
- Work autonomously as well as in team environment, often in stressful, high impact situations
- 5 years of experience in network security engineering at an enterprise scale, preferably in a SaaS or public cloud heavy network environment
- 3 years of experience with enterprise firewall technologies (Palo Alto Networks)
- 3 years of experience with AWS networking technologies (VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs, Transit Gateway, ELB, Route 53, etc.)
- Working experience with the design, deployment, and maintenance of IDS/IPS technologies
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, VLANs, VPN, DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT, Wifi protocols, etc.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols (SAML, RADIUS, 802.1x, etc)
- Working experience with network orchestration technologies e.g. Tufin, FireMon
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Experience deploying Palo Alto Networks App-ID and SSL decryption at scale
- Experience with autoscaling firewall deployments via terraform
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks like SSAE18 SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
- CISSP, PCNSE, AWS Solutions Architect/Advanced Networking/Security, SANS certifications, technology certifications and other security certifications is a plus
Reference Number: 5565