Our Client is searching for an enthusiastic, hardworking software engineer to join an agile development team as they continue their efforts to re-architect and improve their core product. This is a vital opportunity in helping to craft and drive the future success of the company through their platform first strategy. You will also partner closely with the senior leadership to shape and engineer their capabilities, enabling their Code to Customer vision, and delight the customers.
You have an Agile mentality and are motivated by Agile principles where you lead a team that iteratively designs by experimentation. You are well versed in DevOps and continuously strive to deliver high quality code quickly by shortening the path to production and bringing together full stack teams. You bring a creative, engineering approach where code is used to solve our problems through automation and orchestration.
You are a subject matter authority in applying Agile and SaaS standard methodologies to engineering organizations and platforms. In this role you will drive forward the initiatives by creating streamlined processes, guiding strategic decision making, communicating consistently, building trust across the organization, prioritizing areas for investment and assisting key leaders in achieving focus within their teams.
- Develop and integrate process and standardized metrics for Engineering Excellence with all of Technology Services organization
- Lead key technology product and operational initiatives
- Identify areas of strategic importance and engage the right people and data to focus time and attention for rapid resolution of strategic problems
- Promote a community of inclusive leadership
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication and decisions to the team, executives, and a diverse set of partners.
- Ensuring collaboration for relevant projects and coordinating interlocks on key projects/initiatives
- Navigate team dynamics with tact and confidence as an objective engineering leader
- Foster an engineering mindset culture that understands the importance of rapid testing, learning and iterative delivery
- Conduct strategic research for ley projects, including, but not limited to, investment opportunities, and key process improvements.
- Partner with VP Engineering on key organizational changes, leadership alignment, and process improvements in order to ensure vision and strategy is top-of-mind.
- Define and drive leading engineering practices to increase velocity and productivity
- Develop goals and roadmaps to help us scale quickly and sustainably
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor landscape; ability to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities, and impact of new technologies
- Collaborate across multiple functions and teams
- Identify and execute projects focused on eliminating waste and delay, reduce cost and accelerate delivery of customer value
- 10+ years of relevant business experience or product management/strategy or equivalent
- BA, BS, or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical degree,
- Experience in working with multiple geographies, including leading multiple teams
- Experience partnering with product teams, across multiple products and value streams.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering styles, practices, and methods, including multiple pair programming styles.
- Knowledge of REST principles, and one or more modern programming languages, such as Java, Python, GO.
- Knowledge of running services in public cloud infrastructures, such as Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), including microservices and containerization.
- Commanding knowledge of technology trends and leading engineering practices.
- Ability to take large, sophisticated software projects and break them down into manageable pieces
- Experience in SAFe, LeSS or other Agile scaling patterns, practices and methodologies.
- Examine the changing landscape and use that information to define platform strategy and prioritize the problems to tackle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to influence and inspire other teams, create transparency, be inventive and drive focus on sophisticated problems.
- You enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level, including interacting with other leaders on intricate issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions.
- You bring a new and diverse perspective. You have exceptional interpersonal skills. You are eloquent with both technical and business partners. You are an active listener. You are strong across written communication as well as oral presentations.
- You create effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics. You are naturally conscious of who needs to know what, and proactively seek to share important context accordingly.
Reference Number: 5540