The Financial Systems Administrator will be responsible for all functional and technical design, implementation and testing of the Company’s Financial Systems across a complex high growth life science business to ensure its alignment to the Company’s business strategy. The role will be the primary contact for all Financial Systems administration, implementation and design solutions and will oversee several cross functional projects where Financial Systems touches and integrates with other business systems. The Financial Systems Administrator will make sure that the Financial Systems applications align with the business strategy and provides a scalable platform for future growth.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Respond to and resolve financial system user requests.
- Work with IT colleagues to upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, use access, security processes and procedures.
- Manage implementation of new systems and system enhancements including but not limited to NetSuite, Chrome River, Ceridian DayForce, Adaptive Insights.
- Conduct in-depth discovery process targeted at understanding, capturing, and identifying the business requirements and operational objectives of our internal stakeholders and mapping them to technology solution.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive improvements/best practices including analyzing and optimizing Financial Systems related workflows, platform design and setup.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent activities, assisting teams in planning for various Financial Systems projects/activities.
- Work alongside the functional teams in Finance and those relying on financial systems to create, manage, and document complex workflow rules, tasks, data validation, and triggers.
- Create and document application requirements, working with those involved in the development of program enhancements and changes.
- Implement systems, processes and controls for maximizing the accuracy and availability of information.
- Design and manage ongoing Financial Systems development.
- Keep abreast of and communicate new Financial Systems features and functionality and provide recommendations for process improvements to users.
- Provide Financial Systems subject matter expertise to Functional Trainers to create and deliver ongoing training for new and existing users on how to use Financial Systems effectively. Where there is not functional trainer, this role becomes the functional trainer.
- Provide prompt and professional technical support to Financial Systems users within service level agreement parameters.
- Recommend improvements in operational efficiency related to Financial Systems utilization.
- Address data-related problems in regard to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Contribute to the success of the overall Enterprise Architecture team, governance, architecture reviews and standards/principles
- Serve as an ambassador who demonstrates the value for Financial Systems architecture and provides thought leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years’ experience working as a Financial Systems Administrator or equivalent required.
- Certified Financial Systems Administrator and/or Certified SuiteCloud Developer a plus.
- Certified Public or Management Accountant (CPA or CMA) is an advantage.
- Communicates effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization and can serve as a technical liaison.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A strong functional understanding of systems, databases and database terminology.
- Proficiency in Excel, reporting concepts and tools.
- Organized, self-driven, and self-directed with strong ability to prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively; able to handle urgent interruptions professionally.
- In-depth understanding of how Financial Systems and general ERP practices can be utilized to support and improve business processes.
- Understanding of data migration and integration considerations, design trade-offs and ETL tools.
- Demonstrated track record of creating meaningful and low maintenance reports from Financial Systems.
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to successfully troubleshoot and problem solve with both internal and remote users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong collaboration and presentation skills.
- Proven experience and success working with:
- Net Suite (administrator) – preferred
- Chrome River (administrator) – preferred
- Ceridian (administrator) – preferred
- Salesforce (user level) – preferred
Reference Number: 5536