Our Client is looking for a dedicated Data Management Specialist who will work to define and build the full data management, security, and analytics lifecycle for the company. This individual will also oversee the maintenance of adequate security best practices and training as it relates to data integrity as well as developing and administering policies and procedures for identifying, managing, reporting, and resolving security violations.
- Implement data ecosystems including data management, governance, and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based and on-prem platforms
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Manage and configure physical security, disaster recovery and data backup systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs and to develop a strategy and forward-looking data management roadmap
- Supports the Mission and Values of the Client in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other business-related field
- Minimum 5+ years prior experience with data management and data security
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with data architecture, data governance, or data stewardship
- Professional Security Management Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other similar credentials, is preferred.
- Strong understanding of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), PII (Personable Identifiable Information), and other Global data privacy regulatory and compliance areas.
- Knowledge of common information security frameworks, such as ISO/ISEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST.
- Experience in delivering applications in an agile fashion as part of a Scrum team.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Able to multi-task, deal with complexity on a frequent basis.
- Essential to perform all functions of the job accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Able to arrive for work on time and maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Proficient in Power BI.
- Experience working with Data Warehouse tools such as Microsoft Synapse preferred.
- Experience working with middleware tools, such as Dell Boomi, to develop and orchestrate ETL jobs preferred.
- Demonstrates passion for the Mission and Values of the Client, including personal support of organ and tissue donation.
Reference Number: 5535