As a Database Administrator II, you will join our Client’s team in providing operational DBA support for large scale enterprise relational databases. Provide significant project support for implementation of database solutions. Manage highly reliable, high performance database processing environments. Execute physical changes to computer databases; coding, testing, and implementation. Provide effective technical expertise for projects in collaboration with customers to ensure direction, quality assurance, and standards for all database environments. Aid development teams in design and testing of high-performance coding techniques. Work directly with business and IT associates in a significant technical role, ensuring best practices for database security, availability, recoverability and performance.
- Significant support for enterprise mission-critical databases. Develop plans, coordinate design/deployment efforts and lead activities within technical team.
- Perform troubleshooting and accurate root cause analysis for resolving database problems with multiple system dependencies (network, servers, peripherals, storage, data, etc.).
- Assist architects/data modelers in developing technical strategies, architectures and futures with awareness of business customer requirements and corporate goals. Aid architects in implementing strategies in a seamless manor.
- Perform database monitoring and diagnostics. Support best practices in performance tuning and optimization. Design and provide effective monitoring, logging and reporting best practices. Design and implement process solutions to perform database upgrades that are effective and avoid disruptions.
- Develop and manage database security methodologies, in cooperation with security administrators.
- Work with project and production support teams to develop, implement and administer complex procedures. Prioritize and organize numerous tasks within time and resource constraints. Provide after-hours and weekend support for a 24/7 system availability model.
- Develop and implement standards, methods, tools, procedures, and processes to be used in the enterprise. Support ITIL processes on incident, problem and change management. Use enterprise ITIL systems to manage incidents, problems and changes. Mentor DBA associates in problem/change management, disciplines/processes, performance management reporting and technical strategies.
- Technical project management for activities, products, services, and processes within the enterprise.
- Design, develop and deploy disaster recovery and archiving processes and procedures for enterprise database systems.
- Support management with completion of projects within established budgets and timelines.
- Consultative liaison to senior DBA associates and business personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field of study or four (4) years’ experience.
- Three (3) years’ IT experience supporting medium to large relational databases.
- Experience with the following: Windows Cluster Server, SQL Server Clustering, Windows Active Directory, VM Ware, or WSRM. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of additional features and third-party software, such as SSIS, SSRS, BizTalk, and BMC DB2 utilities. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and implementation skills of relational databases and components on Windows and/or IBMz OS and/or Linux.
- Experience in specific technology support roles with responsibility for producing structured, formal requirement specifications and documentation.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, leadership and implementation of relational database technologies.
- Collaboration/teamwork. Promotes teamwork and leads by example. Ability to successfully collaborate across functions and departments, as well as unquestionable ethics & integrity.
- Judgment (practicality). Demonstrates an understanding of impacts or results of actions and exercises good judgment. Appropriately engages teammates and leadership for direction.
- Continuous improvement, excellence. Basic knowledge of LEAN principles, as well as the ability to identify opportunities for LEAN processes within department and works to eliminate redundancy and waste. Work towards only value-added activities.
- Problem solving, critical thinking, with the ability to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution that takes downstream impacts into consideration. Ability to troubleshoot from different perspectives.
- Customer care/focus. Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests, as well as the demonstrated ability to identify root issues and resolve end-to-end.
- Accountability (pride in work). Proven history of taking accountability for own work and results. Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and defend them.
Reference Number: 5466