As a Build Engineer, you will work with Software Developers to ensure our Clients’ products move seamlessly from development through rollout and into production. This requires scripting and coding with an eye toward scalability as they are pushing updates and iterating on all of their products.
They are looking for an individual interested in improving development experience and contribute to rolling out faster and better applications to their customers. Our Client’s vision is to continuously improve, build, and configure management tools, as well as best practices to meet needs of scaling applications and growing engineering teams.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and deployment automation
- Lead the way by staying up to date with tools and technologies to increase efficiency and reliability of CI/CD, as well as own their administration and maintenance
- Manage release branches as well as maintain the build process to support continuous integration
- Investigating and debug engineering/build failures and driving improvements
- Designing and developing solutions to improve developer experience and code velocity to production
- Ability to operate computers, fax machines, and other office equipment. Able to resolve ‘PC Load Letter’ errors.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management
- BA/BS Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems such as Puppet, GIT, TFS GIT and TFS SVC
- Experience in administration and usage of continuous integration and build tools and scripts such as Ant, Maven, Jenkins, and Graddle
- Experience with scripting languages Groovy, PowerShell, cmd and shell
- Experience setting up, configuring and maintaining Tomcat
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a close team environment
- Designing build and deployment architecture supporting the needs of complex web applications
- Ability to translate team requirements to code implementation of tools
- A passion for being part of a team willing to self-assess in order to continually find better ways to do things
Reference Number: 5444