Our Client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst who will join their Agile-oriented cross-functional team of software engineers, business systems analysts, software testers, technical writers, and graphic designers who leverage software to solve real-world problems in the Container Handling industry. You will be responsible for devising product and customer requirements, verifying software meets market and customer needs, and providing product demonstrations.
You will work with other BSAs and Product Managers to determine customer and product requirements’ and their applicability to product functionality; with developers to provide them specifications from which software can be coded and built; with manual and automation testers to communicate acceptance criteria and help support testing and debugging efforts; with Application Support to understand, debug, and resolve issues found by customers in production or UAT environments; and with Product Engineering Management to deliver and track status on team, product, customer, and company initiatives.
- Elicit Requirements – Develop detailed site analyses, elicit business requirements, and create business requirement documents as well as other collateral including process flow models, functional specifications, use cases, release notes and other documentation as needed. Provide clarity. Review requested system changes and develop detailed specifications for implementation. Provide guidance and consultation to team members to remove impediments and to clarify business requirements, specifications, uses cases and acceptance criteria.
- Analyze Systems – Employ a holistic approach to determine how changing business needs will affect systems and business processes; provide ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Own Products – As a Scrum “Product Owner”, ensure sprint objectives are met. Cultivate an efficient and productive working environment within the team and between customers and other internal or external stakeholders. Engage in the Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Manage Product Backlog – Create and groom a 60- to 90-day product backlog designed to facilitate effective project and product planning. Ensure proper backlog prioritization against business value and company objectives.
- Ensure Product Focus – Promote product emphasis and advocate for sustainable solutions that preserve the integrity of the product.
- Organize User Acceptance & Testing – Facilitate release readiness and user acceptance of completed items. Accept or reject developed sprint items based on verification against requirements, specifications and acceptance criteria. Work independently and in conjunction with software testers to develop and execute individual test cases and test plans.
- Collaborate – Work cooperatively with fellow STEs, SDEs, SDETs, Business Systems Analysts, Leads and Managers. Exhibit behavior that yields positive, constructive, and strong relationships with peers. Display positivity, flexibility, and patience. Foster a cooperative environment within team and between customers and other internal or external stakeholders. Work effectively across teams to achieve shared goals and objectives; values open communication and keeps all stakeholders apprised of essential information.
- Empathize – Develop a strong empathy for customers and their needs.
- Train – Acts as a product liaison with assigned customers to provide training and support. Works independently and in collaboration with others to develop training plans and materials and to provide product presentations and demonstrations.
- Support – Monitor customer- and (internal/external) stakeholder-reported software problems and questions. Be available to help with critical customer issues that are reported to Application Support personnel. This includes reproducing and documenting production issues, analyzing logs, or clarifying intended functionality.
- Education and Experience – B.S. or B.A. degree (MS/MBA preferred) with 5 years’ work experience in Software Development or Analytical capacity as a Business Systems Analyst or equivalent, or work experience with Marine Terminal Business Operations or Transportation Industry, equivalent.
- Communication – Well-developed communication and presentation skills: verbal, written, listening and group facilitation.
- Business Process Acumen – Demonstrated success analyzing, documenting and designing business processes in the context of software/process integration.
- Analytical Skills – Excellent analytical skills, close attention to detail and advanced skills supported by a strong experience using MS Office applications: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, for presentation, organization and analysis.
- Teamwork – Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and teamwork abilities working on high-performing cross-functional project teams.
- SDLC – Exposure to Agile Software Development Methods, Business Reengineering Concepts & Methods. (preferred)
- Logging – Demonstrable understanding of the purpose and value of software logging, and experience reading and analyzing log messages.
- XML/JSON – Understanding of modern software message transport formats, including XML and JSON, and ability to read/understand XSDs.
- SQL – Knowledge and understanding of SQL constructs for CRUD operations a plus.
- Culture – Must be able to work in a dynamic, varied, and fast paced environment. Flexibility, tolerance to change, adaptation, pragmatism, and commitment are a necessity.
Reference Number: 5441