The Senior Product Designer is focused on the customer’s flight search, seat selection, and checkout across web, mobile app, and other guest-facing digital touch points. This role works to clearly identify opportunities and develop interactive solutions through collaboration with Product Managers, UI Designers, UX Researchers, Scrum Masters and Developers.
As an individual contributor, this position conducts, leads, and mentors others in product design tasks and activities to expected quality standards and ensures our digital properties perform, flow and that the guest can logically flow through the experience beyond their expectations.
- Spearheads with product to define the problem to solve, leads a clear vision for future design, and applies a forward-thinking, strategic mindset to go from where we are today to the vision state.
- Leads high-level, user-centered design best practices, from interaction design, information architecture, and usability fundamentals to accessibility standards, balancing user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- Leads the design of guest flows and feature experiences based on user-centered design principles that provide a clear path forward for guests to achieve their goals across channels and platforms.
- Creates shared understanding and supervises the creation of feature flows, use cases, guest pathing, interaction models, wireframes, prototypes, and presentations.
- Collaborates with all designers and cross-functional partners in the design language for Alaska’s digital solutions by leading the creation, iteration, and development of continuous improvements to digital style guides and pattern libraries.
- Collaborates with UX research and is the primary point of contact with the delivery team to promote guest perspectives with research, data and insights.
- Collaborates on UI design that clearly communicates function, provides a clear path forward for guests, and reinforces the brand across channels and platforms.
- Communicates effectively to diverse audiences, including e-commerce team members, leadership, other team leaders, and company executives.
- Leads ideation sessions and design reviews to push the boundaries of our work.
- Mentors, leads by example, and supervises less experienced Product Designers in product design, information architecture, and interaction design competencies.
- Actively collaborates and participates in product strategy, feature reviews, and sprint rituals in coordination with developers, scrum masters, other designers and product owners.
- Designs inclusively with full consideration for guests of different abilities and in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements.
- Supervises continuous audits of Alaska’s digital experiences and makes informed recommendations to be a leading E-commerce experience.
- Serves as a point of contact with UX research and analytics to evaluate experiences and incorporate findings, applying a test and learn approach.
- A minimum of 5 years of product design, user interface, interactive, visual or graphic design experience and delivery in digital mediums.
- A minimum of 2 years E-commerce or product design agency experience.
- Industry-leading portfolio showcasing design skills that demonstrate critical thought process, digital cross platform experience, and how product design adds business value.
- Experience in conducting UX research and synthesizing insights.
- Significant, demonstrated hands-on experience with Lean UX, agile product development, elevating a product experience through design thinking, demonstrating return on business value and creating remarkable guest experiences.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, latest design tools and demonstrated ability in creating shared understanding in cross-functional teams.
- Deep experience with lean, agile product delivery, MVP, optimization tests, and workflow tracking tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, etc.
- Experience leading the creation of (not just using) digital style guides with a focus on feature flows, interactive models, and guest pathing.
- Deep understanding, proficiency, and ability to supervise user-centered design best-practices, cross-browser compatibility, UI patterns across platforms and designing inclusively for guests of all abilities.
- Ability to lead a culture of design/lean thinking, guest advocacy, accountability, and collaboration through independent contribution and consulting as a subject matter expert.
- Highly proficient in rapid prototyping technologies for feedback and iteration (e.g., HTML/CSS, Java Script, InVision, Principle, etc.) to show product flows, facilitate shared understanding, and directly collect guest feedback.
- Exceptionally strong conceptual and visual thinker, with a broad toolset for communicating complex ideas.
- Deadline-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead the building of shared understanding across the organization.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a focus in human computer interaction, graphic design, user experience, product design, interactive design, or other related field.
- Copywriting proficiency, including UI copy, microcopy and calls-to-action.
- Experience conducting UX research and synthesizing insights.
- UI Design experience leveraging motion, animation, and transitions to reinforce clarity, usability, and brand.
- Design, people or project management experience.
Reference Number: 5432