As a Data Specialist on the analytics team, you will use data to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve all company digital products, experiences, and services. You will partner with game designers, product managers, and strategic leadership to analyze complex problems and recommend data-informed solutions.
- Gathering data from multiple data sources, aggregating and manipulating data for analysis, performing analysis, and creating analysis deliverables in Tableau or other BI tools.
- Communicating with internal development teams to clarify requirements, resolve technical roadblocks, manage priorities, and summarize insights from analysis.
- Query from large, complex data sets (using a combination of SQL and other tools) to get data that is most relevant for analysis. Be proficient in knowing how to join and aggregate potentially large data sets to make sense and provide valuable insight. Be curious about results and have a desire to understand how the data tells a story.
- Ensure that the data is organized in a way that is digestible and makes sense based on the request. Leverage Tableau or other BI tools to create a customer-ready deliverable.
- Work closely with data engineering and other technical experts to ask questions about data accuracy and validity. You should gain a sense for data that potentially doesn’t look right and communicate concerns whenever you see them
- Ensure existing reports are functioning and accurate following game code changes
- Document project status, updates, roadblocks, resolutions, dependencies, and deliverables
- As part of a very collaborative engineering team, you will have access to technical experts that can help you optimize code, point you to the right data, and brainstorm about how to visualize a data set. You should be an open communicator and have a desire to participate in team discussions and help troubleshoot when you have knowledge that a team member might need
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- 2-5 years of professional experience, including:
- 2-5 years as a data analyst, focused on hands-on data gathering, analysis, and visualization.
- 2-3 years in a role that required communication to clarify requirements, summarize results, or advise clients on analysis.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Tableau or a similar BI tool is required, including high proficiency in data loading, variable creation, visualization creation and adjustment, and report publishing (both online and via desktop or local channels).
- Excellent SQL skills and experience querying large databases are required
- Fluency in a scripting language such as Python or PHP is a plus
- Ability to break down queries to run under processing and memory constraints. You will need to know how to both initiate your own query and also edit/debug an inherited query in some cases.
- Must be able to communicate risks and roadblocks for analysis projects to team leads or VP of Reporting and Analytics.
- Must be able to communicate status of projects clearly for technical and non-technical audiences and independently manage and prioritize assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, process development, facilitation and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry a plus
Reference Number: 5424