Our Client has an immediate need for a Senior .NET Software Engineer to work on the sustainment of software applications currently used for managing forest lands along with internal enterprise business tools. This is a great opportunity for a skilled software engineer who enjoys supporting a broad offering of specialized software. As a senior engineer, you’ll collaborate with the Director of IT to support critical systems which enable growth and customer satisfaction.
The selected candidate has the option of working in Shelton, WA or Seattle, WA locations.
- Work closely with internal teams to gather requirements, improve applications, sustain current applications and assist with cloud initiatives using .NET, Python, SQL and PowerBuilder.
- Understand, identify and implement reusable code in an object-oriented fashion
- Apply advanced object-oriented and service-oriented design skills when implementing new features
- Rapidly prototype new ideas and concepts
- Maintain and support ArcGIS Enterprise from ESRI, a geo-spatial applications for Forestry Management
- Maintain the release management cycle as well as the software development environments
- Capable of handling many aspects of the application, including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, and testing
- Analyze and recommend solutions to programming issues, defects and bugs as assigned or encountered.
- Participate in project planning, estimation, standup and status meetings as appropriate.
- 5+ years of full-lifecycle software development with .NET/C#, SQL Server, PowerBuilder and other Microsoft support technologies
- Familiarity with Azure Web Services in order to guide and support transition of enterprise level applications to the cloud.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS from ESRI or equivalent geo-spatial software
- Familiarity with transitioning enterprise applications to a mobile platform using PowerBuilder or Xamarin tools
- Previous experience in the Forestry Industry a plus
- Previous experience working with multiple remote data centers
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to gather requirements and document user stories
- Strong business acumen, highly collaborative with a consultative approach to problem solving
- Prior experience developing and maintaining software applications
- Ability to look at the big-picture and developing component that support all the features and functionality
- Team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Reference Number: 5401