Our client is hiring a software engineering manager to lead engineering for our award winning mobile apps. This leader will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the client’s iOS/Android apps, and the respective .NET backend services. The team is tasked with using techniques such as Lean Startup to maximize the value they deliver to our customers. Our teams are highly agile, embrace software craftsmanship values, and look to find ways to ship new functionality every week. We utilize practices such as TDD, mob programming, and continuous delivery to build quality into everything we create. This leader should enjoy building world class experiences and cultivating an environment where engineers love to come to work.
Lead a High Performing Team
- Owns the `delivery ecosystem’ and is responsible for building and supporting a high performance agile culture.
- Leads a full-stack software engineering team to deliver against a product roadmap while continuously helping the team to find ways to improve.
- Attracts, retains and cultivates a high performing, inclusive, software development team.
- Paints a compelling vision that motivates team members to achieve excellent results.
- Inspires and empowers the team to collaborate and continually improve their skills and practices.
Partner Closely with Business Stakeholders
- Builds a strong, collaborative partnership with stakeholders to create software that delivers business value.
- Creates transparency into the delivery team’s release plans, progress and impediments.
- Contributes ideas to the business roadmap based on awareness of relevant industry trends.
- Negotiates to ensure technology priorities are pragmatically considered alongside business priorities.
Deliver Great Software
- Coaches and mentors delivery team members using agile practices focused on early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Creates and implements strategies to reduce the time it takes to deliver increments of software, including improving continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Ensures the team is able to sustain the quality of their software by using practices like test-driven development, unit testing, pair programming and code reviews.
- Drives the team to maintain effective processes to ensure high service availability.
Be a Technology Visionary
- Working with our Enterprise Architect, sets a technology vision and enlists team to build a roadmap to achieve said vision
- Maintains awareness of changes in technology techniques, tools and frameworks and pragmatically introduces them when they can improve the team’s productivity.
- Collaborates with peers to align technology vision and share successes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science desired or equivalent work experience required
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience required
- 3+ years of management experience leading and mentoring software developers required
- Demonstrable expertise in applicable languages – swift, objective-c, java, c# required
- Significant experience shipping apps to both the App Store and Google Play Store with a track record of shipping updates weekly required
- Expertise using agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum or kanban) to plan and deliver increments of functionality required
- Expertise coaching teams to adopt Extreme Programming (XP) practices such as TDD, unit testing, and pair programming required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate technology concepts to executive level management required